Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2020 12:04:36 PM EDT
I’m currently in the planning phase, of building an Aero M5, with a Modulus lower (if it ever gets here) and slowly ordering parts. I already have the Aero nickel boron bcg.
I’m planning on an 18” M5 upper, with rifle length gas.
Today, I’m planning to order the lpk, and possibly buffer tube, spring, buffer.

I was thinking about putting my ar15 on a diet, because it is wearing a slightly heavy UBR gen1. I was thinking about buying a carbine stock, and installing my ubr on the Aero m5.  Thoughts about this idea?

So anyway, I was thinking I’d buy the Aero M5 carbine buffer tube kit, swap buffers, and springs, and install the m5 tube on my ar15.
My only concern, is...are the buffer tubes for the ubr, and the m5 the same length? And if the aren’t, how would I compensate?

Thanks to all.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]
From Magpul's site

*NOTE: The UBR GEN2 includes the required custom Receiver Extension tube, Buffer Spacer, and all mounting hardware. A carbine buffer and spring (M4 or SR-25 length) or A5 buffer and spring are required for use with the UBR and are not included.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm also in the starting stages of my next build. AR 10 using Ballistic Advantage upper lower receiver set with a 18" Ballistic Advantage tactical government rifle length barrel. I'm thinking for mine a PRS gen 3 or a Luth AR. Not sure yet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I ordered the aero m5 carbine buffer kit, it comes with the enhanced 6 position buffer tube, m5 buffer & spring.
I also ordered a cheap stock.
So when my parts come, I’ll remove the UBR, and install the enhanced buffer tube, my spike tactical H buffer, spring, and carbine stock on my 5.56.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the only AR10, is made exclusively  by Armalite.
I’m only stating this because there is a lot of confusion, on the subject, and people end up buying incompatible parts. Especially when a lot of sellers mislabel dmps gen 1 or 2 parts, as AR10 parts....even though, said parts are not even compatible with an actual AR10.
Unfortunately, the 308 AR does not possess the milspec standard  of the AR15.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Its just easier saying ar 10. I'm building a dpms style rifle in .308
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 1:16:16 AM EDT
[#7]
AR-308, or LR-308.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 5:54:26 AM EDT
[#8]
AR-308
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top