Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2018 8:32:48 PM EDT
Ive been reading a lot trying to get clear info on this, but everything I see is related to making subs cycle reliably. I have a 10.5", 1:10 twist blackout upper with a pistol length gas system that I want to turn into a pistol with a stripped lower I have. I'm going to run supersonic ammo only with no can, so I'm setting the gun up to run optimally with that in mind. I need to select a buffer tube, spring, and buffer for this purpose. Im new to 300blk and to short barrels, so I appreciate anyone that can straighten me out here.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I run a standard pistol/kak shockwave tube, standard carbine buffer and spring.  Runs great all day with supers and ejects brass into consistent piles at 3:00.  This is with Ballistic Advantage Hanson and Modern series barrels.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
In before all the "Why not supress? Comments" Following myself. Right now I've got a 9" 300 Blk pistol I haven't finely tuned yet. It's got just a standard buffer and spring that came with a Phase 5 HexOne tube. I'm also using an SLR adjustable gas block. Until I get more rounds to loosen the bolt, I haven't fine tuned the gas yet. But it still seems a little harsh or snappier than I know it can be tuned. I think I may try a Spikes T1 buffer, a Tubbs flatwire spring and work on tuning my gas a little better. I know several here use a T2, but I think with adjustable gas a T1 will have a nice result and keep the reciprocating weight a little lower. The Spikes buffers have titanium powder in them rather than steel weights and acts as a quiet version of a dead blow hammer. I hope the Tubbs spring gives me a little more pressure easing the bolt into battery (I know! Let it slam shut! Mine just seems too weak.) And quiets the "sproing" sound plus mainly helps with the recoil pulse.

Welcome to Arfcom! You will have full Black Rifle Disease before you know!
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top