Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 10:53:08 AM EDT
I did this build for a friend. He was on a budget and wanted a red dot with magnifier. It’s a Pinty Tactical 3-4 MOA Red Dot Sight Scope with 3X Magnifier Combo for $120. Seems solid and clear when viewing. I mounted, aligned and applied LocTite to the mounting screws. Not sure how well it’ll hold up over time but seems like a decent budget optic.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#1]
@Hoosier_Tires  I'm actually amazed at how good the reviews are on amazon.  If the red dot craps out I'd recommend a holosun 403 from the EE if you can find one cheap.  I love mine.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm actually amazed at how good the reviews are on amazon.
View Quote

And how many of those reviews were collected as part of a promotion?  Amazon reviews should always be taken with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Hoosier_Tires  I'm actually amazed at how good the reviews are on amazon.  If the red dot craps out I'd recommend a holosun 403 from the EE if you can find one cheap.  I love mine.
View Quote

I know very little about that optic. Saw a video on 704 tactical and looked decent. The guy I built it for is a very casual shooter at best so it should serve him well. If he were more active, I’d probably recommend something with a proven track record.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And how many of those reviews were collected as part of a promotion?  Amazon reviews should always be taken with a grain of salt.
View Quote

I didn’t even read any reviews. Went by 704’s video more than anything. He’s always testing budget optics.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top