Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2020 4:27:43 AM EDT
Kinda figure maybe take M7 bayonet and have od green ribbed handles made?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Considering how plentiful the NOS is, I don't see why Brownells would do that. The retro uppers and optics are all rather niche markets with rather hard to find or expensive aftermarket.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Kinda figure maybe take M7 bayonet and have od green ribbed handles made?
View Quote

the 601 OD is very hard to get right which is why it's usually painted.  

i had some engraved with some grips molded too from an earlier run done my a member here.

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I purchased one of boywonder's repro 601 bayonets with the intent to fill in the screw heads and paint it. Just never got around to it. However since I just purchased a real 601 bayonet that is in transit to me right now I will be selling the repro. Message me if you are interested.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Considering how plentiful the NOS is, I don't see why Brownells would do that.
View Quote

They are incredibly scarce.

Plus, if Brownells did it, they would probably put a giant, stylized, "RETRO!" logo on the blade.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]
If they would just make the grips no logo I would go for that!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top