Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2020 10:33:24 AM EDT
I see there are a bunch of bad reviews from around 2016-2018, are the recent ones any good?

078-000-330MB  AR-15 Lower Parts Kit 5.56 No Fire Control Grp/Pistol Grip
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I see there are a bunch of bad reviews from around 2016-2018, are the recent ones any good?

078-000-330MB  AR-15 Lower Parts Kit 5.56 No Fire Control Grp/Pistol Grip
View Quote

Yup.  I"ve used it a few times.  I'm pretty sure it's actually a CMMG LPK.  Comes in the color coded bags.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownells LPKs vary from my experience. I've had better results with quality of cheap or partial kits (no grip or FCG) from place like Damage Industries, especially when they have free shipping.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup.  I"ve used it a few times.  I'm pretty sure it's actually a CMMG LPK.  Comes in the color coded bags.
View Quote

I've had anderson LPK's come in those type of bags, too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By wingsnthings:
Brownells LPKs vary from my experience. I've had better results with quality of cheap or partial kits (no grip or FCG) from place like Damage Industries, especially when they have free shipping.
View Quote

Never heard of damage industries, but they have good prices. I went ahead and ordered a few sets of the AR15/M16 Kit, 36pc Small Parts Packs. So I can have some spare parts on hand, not a bad deal at $18.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Everything I have ever ordered from Damage has been GTG.  I have never used any of their lower parts though; only end plates, castle nuts, safeties, swivels and firing pins.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know if Damage uses Schmid Tool parts?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#7]
The last Brownells LPK I used (last year) will be the last. The finish is terrible, and not all were exactly to spec. Some were poor fitting, but the pivot pin was flat out of spec. The groove was not square to the flat edge of the head. It would not function. The last kit I used was Aero for my M5, and the difference in quality was noticeable.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've had anderson LPK's come in those type of bags, too.
View Quote

Yep, me too.  Red, black and blue bags, plus yellow for the FCG.  I forget off hand what comes in the other colors.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top