[#2]
Yep C7 and A1 !
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
thank you!!!!  ordered one of each
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you OP!

Got a c7 upper plus the 11.5” pencil barrel.

If u use mday15.  U get an addl 15 % off

Well done!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you OP!

Got a c7 upper plus the 11.5” pencil barrel.

If u use mday15.  U get an addl 15 % off

Well done!
View Quote

I was in such a hurry I missed the 15% darn
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for posting this.   Order placed!   There’s a couple of recent reviews reporting that past problems have been fixed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#7]
anyone else get invoiced from “Crow Shooting Supply “ instead of Brownells letterhead?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
anyone else get invoiced from “Crow Shooting Supply “ instead of Brownells letterhead?
View Quote

It shows from: [email protected], but that “Crow Shooting Supply” is also on the email.    Yeah, that’s new.    I know they’re also part of Sinclair Bench Rest/reloading or associated in some way.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m wondering if they’ll have NDS forge codes or be “sanitized “..
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I've read that these new C7s don't have the fitment issues that the previous ones did. Does anyone know if this is true for the A1s?
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#12]
THANKS! I was looking for one for a retro build around the 1st of the year and couldn’t find one so I went up going with a cheap Blem BCA flat top upper. I just ordered the m16a1 model because the C7 were sold out by the time I got around to purchasing.

I like the flat top upper so this will probably be a whole new 20” build.
:-)
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in Illinois so I am out of luck.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#14]
C7 uppers are sold out
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know if an A2 sight aperture will drop in to an A1 sight assembly? Not the whole windage and elevation contraption, just the sights themselves?

My old eyes prefer the larger A2 aperture.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if an A2 sight aperture will drop in to an A1 sight assembly? Not the whole windage and elevation contraption, just the sights themselves?

View Quote

Yes it will.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes it will.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

The threads are the same, and it will “fit” in there; I’ve done it.   However, it’s larger than the A1 peep, and you will have less adjustment range.    You’ll be okay if everything on your rifle is reasonably centered.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’m wondering if they’ll have NDS forge codes or be “sanitized “..
View Quote

I ordered two C7 and two slick sides from Brownells a couple of years ago, and the only markings I recall was a large “B” that was pressed into the bottom the takedown pin lug.   There were no forge markings on any of them.   (I returned all 4 of them).   I also got lucky, and Nodak called me and sold me a slick side (604) at about the same time.   The Nodak upper  has a very faint “N” just forward (.5”) of and below the ejection port.    It is small, cleanly done, and looks like it was engraved prior to anodizing.   I had been on the Nodak waiting list for sometime, and I forgot all about it.     At that time, there was some speculation regarding the “B” stamped in the Brownells’ lug, with some believing it was for Brownells, and some saying it was a Nodak “Blem”.    I didn’t believe it was a Nodak blem because it lacked the “N” stamp that’s on my current Nodak upper.   These Brownells’ uppers were reportedly make from Nodak raw forgings, so I don’t believe there will be any forge markings on them.   Keep in mind that I’m just one guy with limited experience, so I could be wrong. Look for that B on the lug.    
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:58:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:50:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The engraved “B” on the lug is to denote that it’s a Brownells manufactured part.

NoDak only sold them forgings, we never provided any machined receivers.
View Quote

Thanks for clearing up that mystery regarding that B on the lug.    Brownells uses language that suggests they are Nodak products, and I believe it causes some confusion because some consumers don’t know what a raw forging is.    In a couple of days,  I’ll have samples of their latest offerings in hand.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered two, one a1 and a C7.  The A1 is marked NDS, had a few small nicks on it, wonder if it was a blem, fits nice though and very black,  the C7 is A marked and also fits well, both the same dark black color.  Now to order some sights and from PSA and upper parts.  Also got a "moderator" from Brownells, Too heavy for my 733 build, just wanted to know what it would look like until H&R starts selling the XM177's.  

Sorry mike just could not wait any longer on uppers.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I received 2 A1 upper’s today they are also marked NDS and have very nice fit and finish tempted to order more since there so rarely available
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I received 2 A1 upper’s today they are also marked NDS and have very nice fit and finish tempted to order more since there so rarely available
View Quote

That’s outstanding!   Good to hear positive reports!   Photos would be great!   How is the fit near the buffer tube (receiver extension)?   Close with out a significant gap?  Are the carry handle rails the same size; I mean reasonably the same to the naked eye?     I have a C7 & and A1 inbound that I’m tracking; should be here Monday.   I’m also considering ordering a few more.    I’m going for that Scar Face “Full Rack” retro look.   Thanks again for the update.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That’s outstanding!   Good to hear positive reports!   Photos would be great!   How is the fit near the buffer tube (receiver extension)?   Close with out a significant gap?  Are the carry handle rails the same size; I mean reasonably the same to the naked eye?     I have a C7 & and A1 inbound that I’m tracking; should be here Monday.   I’m also considering ordering a few more.    I’m going for that Scar Face “Full Rack” retro look.   Thanks again for the update.  
View Quote

The A1 rails are the same size ad overll thinner then the C7,  the c7 the "rail" on the left is a little thicker.  Fit is good at the rear near the buffer tube nice and even overall,  They both have a the typical wiggle on my PSA lowers but fit tight on my anderson lowers.  The barrel extension index pin is really tight on the C7 with and tight on the a1 with a barrel i had laying around, the barrel nut should bring them down nicely though.  

Still want an A1 in gray whenever those come out and have some rear sights inbound.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:45:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The A1 rails are the same size ad overll thinner then the C7,  the c7 the "rail" on the left is a little thicker.  Fit is good at the rear near the buffer tube nice and even overall,  They both have a the typical wiggle on my PSA lowers but fit tight on my anderson lowers.  The barrel extension index pin is really tight on the C7 with and tight on the a1 with a barrel i had laying around, the barrel nut should bring them down nicely though.  

Still want an A1 in gray whenever those come out and have some rear sights inbound.
View Quote

Thanks for the additional information.  It’s good to hear Brownells addressed the issues noted on the earlier versions.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the info.  Definitely good to here these seem to be good uppers.  Like you i am looking forward to gray
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:09:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Received an a1 and a c7 from brownells.
These dont measure up to h&r blems.  Rougher n the finish has scratches.

What surprised me was the packaging, they did not come in a box, shipped in a plastic bag without protection.  Both the receivers were banged around during shipping.

On my 2nd order, i ordered a c7 upper and a retro 11.5 barrel,  guess what? Shipped in the same manner.  The receiver and upper wad banged around and caused the upper to have some chip and i can see the alum.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Mine were wrapped in a plastic bag and that’s fine with me ,as far a measuring up to a HR Blem in my opinion there better no grinding was required
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#30]
How about some pictures?!

ETA: Mine came today. More black than gray, I am happy with it. Came packaged the same way, everything fit fine, but I am still waiting on the rear sight.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Mine were wrapped in a plastic bag and that’s fine with me ,as far a measuring up to a HR Blem in my opinion there better no grinding was required
View Quote

Excellent!   Good to Go!  My A1 and C7 arrived today.   Yep, Brownells put them in plastic bags, and shipped them in a padded, bubble wrap type shipping envelope.   Nonetheless, they are in great shape!   They fit snug on a PSA lower.   No wobble.   There’s no gap between the upper & lower near the receiver extension.   The rails appear to be even (same thickness).     It’s all good!   They pin right on, front, rear, install it any order you want.   I dropped a BCG into them, and the BCG drops right in with no issues.    The A1 has “NDS” just below the rear sight.   The C7 has the splintered “A” forge mark in the same location.  With the Memorial Day Discount Code these came to $124.00 each.    I’m real happy with this order.    I’m tempted to order a few more, but I don’t know why?      Edit: I still cannot get a BCG to move freely in that Black H&R Slick Side upper.  But it came in a nice box.  So there’s that.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Received an a1 and a c7 from brownells.
These dont measure up to h&r blems.  Rougher n the finish has scratches.

What surprised me was the packaging, they did not come in a box, shipped in a plastic bag without protection.  Both the receivers were banged around during shipping.

On my 2nd order, i ordered a c7 upper and a retro 11.5 barrel,  guess what? Shipped in the same manner.  The receiver and upper wad banged around and caused the upper to have some chip and i can see the alum.
View Quote

Free BFPU look!
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Brownells really is a credible vendor.   The nice thing about Brownells is you can start a return, and Brownells will send you a prepaid return shipping label.    You don’t even need a reason for the return.    Brownells stands behind what they sell.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Call customer service and get a return shipping label.

We'll be doing more on the CNC next week.
View Quote

Thanks.   It’s on the way back to you.  I marked it to your attention, along with the return form, CS General Returns, RMR Number, etc.  I can’t believe the Post Office charged me over $17 to ship that.    I’m starting to understand why Vendors charge so much for shipping!  
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Mine arrived today (M16A1) and it looks just like HUCK70"s one.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Mine showed up. Ordered an A1 but received a C7 that was mislabeled as an A1. Sucks that they’re sold out now.

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Mine showed up. Ordered an A1 but received a C7 that was mislabeled as an A1. Sucks that they’re sold out now.

View Quote

So is that getting returned to Brownells or hitting the EE???????????? ??
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 1:29:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, I sent that slick side back after getting a RMR, etc.  
I sent it back to Mike’s attention, per our PMs, a replacement was the plan.   Nope!  PSA refunded the price of the upper, but not shipping.   I paid round-trip shipping (both ways) $34+.     They just have no credibility.    Thanks a whole fucking bunch there Mike.  Big help.  Really wonderful.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#40]
I’d be pissed if I got stuck paying shipping on there defective stuff kinda weird how they always have lowers for sale but no uppers?if you follow on the AK files there AK rifles should ship with a RMR
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I just listened to your customer service call. Yes, they have the actual audio saved and a transcript.

1. You gave no indication of why you were returning it. ZERO information.

2. You asked for an RMA number only, no request for a return shipping label as I instructed you to do.

3. You specifically said you would pay for return shipping. You did not ask about getting reimbursed.

Our customer service people can't give you the service you need/want if you don't tell them what is expected.

If you would have said; "This part is defective and Mike said you'd pay for retrun shipping and then send me a replacement", they would have known what to do.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I sent that slick side back after getting a RMR, etc.  
I sent it back to Mike’s attention, per our PMs, a replacement was the plan.   Nope!  PSA refunded the price of the upper, but not shipping.   I paid round-trip shipping (both ways) $34+.     They just have no credibility.    Thanks a whole fucking bunch there Mike.  Big help.  Really wonderful.  

I just listened to your customer service call. Yes, they have the actual audio saved and a transcript.

1. You gave no indication of why you were returning it. ZERO information.

2. You asked for an RMA number only, no request for a return shipping label as I instructed you to do.

3. You specifically said you would pay for return shipping. You did not ask about getting reimbursed.

Our customer service people can't give you the service you need/want if you don't tell them what is expected.

If you would have said; "This part is defective and Mike said you'd pay for retrun shipping and then send me a replacement", they would have known what to do.

Some customers just need to be fired and never dealt with again.  Mikeoutwest has proven this to be true time and time again in multiple threads.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you for your post, it made me laugh!  I don't know how you do it, I'd have given the "Scent of a Woman" flamethrower speech a while ago and listed everything on gunbroker.
 My blem upper and blem lower went together without drama.  Thank you for your hard work Mike.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top