Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2021 6:45:53 PM EDT
Brownells has 20” LW 308 barrels.   Has anyone tried one?  I’d like to put it on a DPMS.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is a heck of a deal.

I can't say I've tried one though.... but it does sound like a fun project.  I believe the Brownells 308 Barrels are produced by Faxon.

Are you thinking of free floating the barrel ?

View Quote

Thought of more a "classic" look, but in searching, it would seem difficult to find a classic AR10 or Portuguese style hand guard setup.  I think my desire for the 20" is rapidly fading.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm building a DPMS type rifle for a friend now.  It's going to use Brownell's BRN-10 light weight 18" barrel with rifle gas system.  I've removed the front sight base and end cap; instead, it will have a lo-pro gas block and free-float hand guard.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top