Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/10/2022 12:53:14 PM EDT
I've got like 12 FDE 30-round aluminum USGI style magazines still in the wrappers.  I perused Brownells' website and evidently they don't sell these anymore.

Are they worth any more than I paid for them?  Is FDE still the "in" thing like it was when I bought them several years ago?

I'm thinning the herd on mags, so I'm curious as to whether to sell them or just gift them to a needy new AR owner on her birthday.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same mags, shame they discontinued them. They don't command any premium that I am aware of.

Also, thinning the heard of good AR mags? You serious Clark?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the same mags, shame they discontinued them. They don't command any premium that I am aware of.

Also, thinning the heard of good AR mags? You serious Clark?
View Quote

I have nearly 400 magazines.  I'm running out of room.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#4]

That's them. Maybe I couldn't find them because they call them Desert Tan and I searched for FDE.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Baby shit yellow would be a better description, but they’re good mags.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I was at a gunshow today and bought one of these.  Yes, one.  But kinda cool.  Brand new perfect condition not a scratch or insertion mark, had the Magpul follower plus a ranger plate.  It was sitting with some misc and the dude wanted $10.   I like getting random one-off cool things.  I don't have another ranger plate or brown mag.  So just a cool little prop for the gun room.  BTW, got some other cool stuff, but not mag or even AR related so can't tell you here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I ended up selling them for $10 each.  That's probably what I paid for them 10-12 years ago.  Seems like I only ordered them because they were on sale.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:20:21 PM EDT
[#8]
So, do folks prefer these over the Okay FDE Surefires?
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

All the Brownells mags I’ve seen lately have been every bit as good as Okays.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine are older production but have been 100% reliable in my experience.  

Okay and Brownells are my go to for USGI mags personally.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:48:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just received a few Brownells grey film magazines. They look identical to my grey film Okays right down to the insert gauge marks. Markings appear to be in the same locations. Quality is excellent and indistinguishable from my collection of Okays.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's them. Maybe I couldn't find them because they call them Desert Tan and I searched for FDE.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Brownells also has a history of creating new product numbers for their magazines. I believe the standard gray mags have been listed under three different product numbers over the years. Makes it difficult to look things up based on a previous order, if it was several years ago. It may be related to the different sources they've used for their mags - I believe they were initially outsourced, but Brownells eventually started producing them themselves.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top