Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2021 1:02:40 PM EDT
I'm hitting a bit of a roadblock on my BRN-10 build. I forgot to order an original style, Brown Pistol grip. And of course Brownells is now out of them. Does any one have a spare they are willing to part with? Or know of a place where these are in stock? Frustrating to have stop my build over a simple, plastic pistol grip.  Thanks in advance, for any help.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If there are no brownies grips around there might be another option.  

I believe some enterprising arfcom member is attempting to make some ....
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I was in the same boat, ended up ordering a black one instead.  It was listed as back ordered, but still shipped a couple days later.  

Im planning on painting it anyway, so the color didnt matter much to me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in the same boat, ended up ordering a black one instead.  It was listed as back ordered, but still shipped a couple days later.  

Im planning on painting it anyway, so the color didnt matter much to me.
View Quote

I hope that's still the case since I put the black one on backorder a few days ago.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:59:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Please point me in the direction where I can get the one like some of the members here have! The correct Hollywood, Sudanese, Cuban grip! First one!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I backordered the black one two weeks ago and got it yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got permission to print these if anyone is interested.

I will look into different brown filaments to see if they could be printed to match the Brownells furniture.

For now I can do black which works for me as I plan to paint everything in Kona Brown.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#7]
@BigRix, the one you made looks great! Its finish is better than the black pistol grip I just got from Brownells (which looks much better now that I painted it to match Colt 601 green, the color I'm going with for the BRN-10B I'm pulling together).
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes that's the grip I want on my new BRN-10 ??
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#9]
First time using Kona Brown and that stuff rocks. Lays down smooth with great coverage.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]
That's real nice OP.  The paint looks super.  Is that the rustoleum kona brown?  Thank God for Brownells.  They make it possible for us retro heads to have neat stuff, which in the past seemed unobtainable. Not the real deal I know, but I don't care.  Keep it going Brownells.  There's plenty of us out there that will give you the business, and more converts every day who have finally seen the light.

It's a hobby for me, for now, but who knows, it might be life or death later. That's the reality.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Looks great! I really like the look of the 16” with the Portuguese style handguard. Rustoleum Kona Brown does look awesome on the furniture, that’s how I painted mine.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow, the kona brown looks great on these rifles! What surface prep is done to the furniture before painting? How many coats and do you clear coat over it? I have a black BRN-10B, I would love to get it looking like the above 2 rifles. Great work; the above rifles look outstanding!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I wiped everything down with alcohol and shot the paint. Second coat about 30 minutes later.

That was it on the Brownells furniture.

Pistol grip got 2 additional coats with wet sanding in-between. It's not perfect but close enough for me.

No clear coat.

Rustoleum 2X in Kona Brown

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the info. It's going to be a while before I spray my furniture set; currently it's in the low 20's here in Michigan.  I really like shooting my BRN-10, so hopefully the kona brown finish holds up well. How well does the paint stand up to heat? I have heat shields for the handguards, but I know they are going to get hot.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#15]
They are back in stock, I ordered one today.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I think I kind of hate the Brownell's grip. It doesn't feel right.

I've been working with duplicates of an original AR10 grip and it feels much better in the hand. Bit of a challenge to adapt to the AR15 proportions though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think I kind of hate the Brownell's grip. It doesn't feel right.

I've been working with duplicates of an original AR10 grip and it feels much better in the hand. Bit of a challenge to adapt to the AR15 proportions though.
View Quote

The BRN10 grip was so uncomfortable, I couldn't stand it. Wound up going back to an A1 with sling swivel.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top