Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The day after I order a psa-stealth too
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
so much for my notification
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Great to see this in stock again. I'm very pleased with the Brownells gray A1 lower I got a while back. Also my XM16E1 lower from NoDak Spud. I sure hope the retro market is sustainable so Brownells and NoDak will keep bringing these essentials to the market. We need our parts!
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:21:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, double post...
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 4:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure they will sell out quick.  I look at that page and I'm reminded of the pre-panic good ole days when there was plenty of everything to be bought.  No shortages, no waiting lists, plenty of ammo.  I guess the retro bug has just flat overwhelmed the market. And here my EDGE membership has just run out.  Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice - thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the heads up!  I had the notification set for one of their grey lowers, but I'll settle for a black one to finish out my A1 kit.  I don't mind spraying it with some Colt grey moly resin.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#8]
The grey ones come back in stock the day after my black one ships.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Order a gray and return the other!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 11:07:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did order a grey one, but I think I'll keep them both.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 1:32:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Lower parts kit for a gray lower?  Something like the below or am I better off getting a normal LPK and replacing selector and magazine release?  I already have pistol grip.
https://ar15sport.com/product/grey-lpk-for-replica-m16a1-xm16e1-builds-retro-lpk/
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Grey in stock now
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lower parts kit for a gray lower?  Something like the below or am I better off getting a normal LPK and replacing selector and magazine release?  I already have pistol grip.
https://ar15sport.com/product/grey-lpk-for-replica-m16a1-xm16e1-builds-retro-lpk/
View Quote

Good question
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:48:19 PM EDT
[#14]
My perpetual back ordered slab side 601 arrived at my FFL this week. (There is a Santa) this weekend I will be taking my parts off the incorrect A2 lower.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Good question
View Quote

Hard to tell from vickers guide. Seems like pictures they have for a1 have black bolt catch and black mag release.  Selector seems to be the colt grey to match the lower.  Takedown pins in one looks colt grey in another looks black.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:49:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Just in case no one noticed, Brownells has all three of its retro lowers back in stock.  Blems are also available.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:45:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Retro Arms works has a lot of the little things like dimpled selector, and correct early bolt catch.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I can’t say enough about how great it was working with Retro Arms Works. They dimpled my selector, and made a proper bolt catch for my 602 tribute rifle. They are fair, and their work is meticulous.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Ordered a "blem" black lower. Got it today. It's grayish/pink/purple.

ETA: Looks like this is on me. The blems don't specify a color, so I guess they send you whatever. They sent a grey.

ETA2: Meh, don't need this. Don't want it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ETA: Looks like this is on me. The blems don't specify a color, so I guess they send you whatever. They sent a grey.

View Quote

I have a blem coming in tomorrow. Pink/ purple doesn’t sound good , but it’s going on a SPR build that is getting rattle canned anyway so..
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have a blem coming in tomorrow. Pink/ purple doesn't sound good , but it's going on a SPR build that is getting rattle canned anyway so..
View Quote
It's actually gray. It matches the other gray one I have. Looking back at the website, they don't let you choose black/gray. I guess it's random. Mine has a small nick in it as the blemish.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have a blem coming in tomorrow. Pink/ purple doesn’t sound good , but it’s going on a SPR build that is getting rattle canned anyway so..
View Quote

I've got a blem lower coming as well. It's going with a blem upper I got last year, so it sounds like it'll match pretty well!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Send me a picture?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I checked p/n's and confirmed the blems are grey from that.  If you haven't done a 4473, you can send it back if you don't like it.  Did that on a B&T KH9 that was on closeout from Brownells and color was off (wish I would have kept it now as prices have doubled since lol)

I just ordered a non-blem black and got it in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Send me a picture?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Just picked up my blem lower. Matches the blem upper I got last year perfectly. As a bit of humor, the serial is XBRN1234.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Got my blem last week.

Perfect except for a few barely noticeable dings in the anodizing like it was dropped in a shop floor or something.

One of the easiest lowers I have ever assembled, used a Doublestar/JT Parts LPK. Scrubbed the pins and all the parts that are exposed when the receiver are exposed along with the stripped lower with 0000 steel wool to match an original 604 upper.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top