Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2021 10:00:50 PM EDT
Fiber optic (electronic) daylight bright illumination, Japan made, but holy cow the thing is an absolute tank and a half at 25 ounces.

The daylight illumination ED glass Japanese optics are taking over, but I’d still spend a couple hundred more for the HD glass of the Razor. I’ve lost all interest in ~$1000 optics that don’t have HD glass at this point.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/scopes/rifle-scopes/match-precision-optic-mpo-1-8x24mm-rifle-scope-prod136415.aspx
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Makes me want to drive out and take a look at one in person.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks OK, is a 1-8 but I would still not use it in place of my old Razor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Why is it so hard for these places to come out with a fiber optic illuminated dot that has ranging hashes?

So close, Brownells. So close.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#4]
What's HD Glass?

I say that owning a couple of Razor LPVOs. Seems like advertising fluff to me, but I'd appreciate an honest definition of 'HD' Glass.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, who is this body that dictates HD/ED glass? Seems like marketing wank. When does 4k glass start being "made"?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's HD Glass?

I say that owning a couple of Razor LPVOs. Seems like advertising fluff to me, but I'd appreciate an honest definition of 'HD' Glass.
View Quote

It's advertising fluff. It's meant to imply the optic uses ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass, but "HD" in the name doesn't always mean they use ED glass
https://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/blog/extra-low-dispersion-glass-ed-glass-09/
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a good reticle.... Would like to handle one before final judgement.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#8]
you do know the HD glass on the razor is ED glass from Japan. HD is just a marketing term.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you do know the HD glass on the razor is ED glass from Japan. HD is just a marketing term.
View Quote

You are right. Unlike most of the other LOW produced optics, it looks like not many of them are ED glass, so this does have an edge over some.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top