Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2023 11:06:56 PM EDT
My Ergo grip straight broom handle VFG has broken at the two screw mounting hole locations where the grip base screws into the handguard. See pictures attached. It appears that the screws have simply broken at the thin plastic portion that retains the screws to the mounting plates inside the handguard.

Given this issue I've contacted ERGO through email (Both the Lifetime Warranty "Learn More" and the "CONTACT US" buttons do not work on the website, and the website is also not working when I attempt to register an account so I can submit a support ticket.) so I've simply replied to the original email from my order ([email protected]) when I ordered the vertical grip back in April 2023.

Can you folks give me some recommendations for handguard-mounted VFG's that won't break through the plastic holes like this? I'd like to retain my standard carbine handguards because I'm weird like that. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/6ZZTj1E
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 1:40:58 AM EDT
[#1]
You could add a picatinny rail if you insist on staying in 1999.

Link Posted: 12/10/2023 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I didn't want to go this route but it's looking like I'm out of options...
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like I'm going the gangsta grip route.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Updated, ERGO sent me a replacement and also requested I send back the broken VFG for investigation. Sent it back yesterday.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top