Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2023 9:03:05 PM EDT
We’ll, technically it will start tomorrow since my LPK didn’t show up today.

But my Brownells BRN-180 lower is in hand.  I got excited early this week when I saw these back in stock after a few months. It was advertised as BLEM, but I figure I’m just going to scratch it up using it anyway, so blem didn’t matter to me.  Ordered and shipped!

Yesterday I was looking at Brownells website and saw these were already out of stock. And then I noticed the description had been updated - to include that these are blems because the integral pic rail was machines incorrectly so it as fixed by milling it off and bolting a piece of pic rail on.  

I wasn’t crazy about this idea- but I figure it will cover with the stock anyway.  

I found an upper off the EE- should have it next week.  Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Love mine. Gen 2 10in 5.56

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Ordered a LPK from DoubleStar (local KY boys!) and went together just fine- a 1 beer job.  I used their LPK without fire control, because I had a spare Larue MBT trigger.  Unfortunately I didn't read the description very well and the "less fire control" LPK doesn't include the selector.  So I robbed a selector off another AR lower that's on my can cannon upper.  Can't say I shoot that one very often anyway.  

Hopeful to have my upper by end of next week.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 5:40:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joelad] [#4]
Looks good so far!

I used a standard AR lower on my BRN-180. A janky threaded adapter with a castle nut to lock it in place with a folding adapter and an Ace stock. I like the ACE since there's three QD adapters on the butt. I like the one in the center.

I'm debating on getting the BRN-180 lower from Brownells. Lots of choices of 1913 stocks out there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my lower. Now I need to get the upper. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks great
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Back from SHOT show and got my upper.   I like it. Light and trim.  Probably going to have to wait a week before live fire. I had the sights and MRO in the spare parts box- not sure what I’ll settle on for sight system yet.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Well done, what length ACE stock did you use, what's the LOP? thx
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:45:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BPR] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tiger222:
Well done, what length ACE stock did you use, what's the LOP? thx
View Quote

I'll have to measure.  I used the "S" stock.  It's just right in my opinion. I'd say about the LOP of an AR with collapsible stock set up position 3 or 4.  (assuming 1 is long and 6 is short)

Edit- 12 3/16" from end of buttplate to trigger.  Which looks like it's real close to position 4

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By J_taylor:
I like my lower. Now I need to get the upper. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/548798/20230115_224737_jpg-2675847.JPG
View Quote

Have you tried shooting with that stock? I had that one on my BRN180s and it is brutal for the caliber tbh. I went to the sig folding/collapsible stock, it is a huge difference and can be folded and collapsed to be a smaller size than that minimalist stock. Honestly even the sig brace was better than this stock.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

Just finished mine the other day!

Gen 2 Sport 16" 223 wylde
Brownells Blemish lower
Geissele SD-3G
Brownells MPO 1-8x24mm
Hypertap muzzle brake(not in this pic)
JMAC 8" stock

Shooting it tomorrow! Giggity!
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow, I love this gun. I put about 150 rounds through it yesterday and what a smooth shooting gun. Its my first time shooting a gun like this. Feels like I'm shouldering an AR but the smoothness of that action doing its thing feels different. I know the Hypertap makes a big difference in recoil but I thought it shot great. I look forward to adding some more accessories to it.

Brownells BRN-180 w/ Hypertap Muzzle Brake
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mercdank:

Have you tried shooting with that stock? I had that one on my BRN180s and it is brutal for the caliber tbh. I went to the sig folding/collapsible stock, it is a huge difference and can be folded and collapsed to be a smaller size than that minimalist stock. Honestly even the sig brace was better than this stock.
View Quote
I don't have a upper for it yet.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#15]
My Gen 1 BRN-180 upper on a Poverty Pony lower. Runs like a sewing machine.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Finally put a couple hundred rounds through my 180 yesterday. No malfunctions.  Recoil impulse is considerably different than an ar.  Kind of snappy, as if the rifle cycles quicker than an AR.

Zeroed the MRO at 50 yards, then shot out to 300.  I didn’t put it on paper but it’s accurate enough to consistently hit a 10” MGM flasher at 300.  

I like it.  Dare I say I like it better than my SCAR even.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BPR:
Finally put a couple hundred rounds through my 180 yesterday. No malfunctions.  Recoil impulse is considerably different than an ar.  Kind of snappy, as if the rifle cycles quicker than an AR.

Zeroed the MRO at 50 yards, then shot out to 300.  I didn’t put it on paper but it’s accurate enough to consistently hit a 10” MGM flasher at 300.  

I like it.  Dare I say I like it better than my SCAR even.
View Quote

Nice OP. I'm getting ready to do a 10.5

What's the weight of the rifle?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:

Nice OP. I'm getting ready to do a 10.5

What's the weight of the rifle?
View Quote

With the MRO and back up irons, no magazine, it was right under 6.5 lbs.

Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#19]

With the MRO and back up irons, no magazine, it was right under 6.5 lbs.

View Quote

Nice that's a lite 16" rifle.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:

Nice that's a lite 16" rifle.
View Quote

I don't have the numbers in front of me- but most of that weight savings is in the lower.  Putting the upper on an AR lower (with spring and buffer still in it), weight goes up to a little over 7 lbs.

Link Posted: 2/15/2023 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#21]

I don't have the numbers in front of me- but most of that weight savings is in the lower.  Putting the upper on an AR lower (with spring and buffer still in it), weight goes up to a little over 7 lbs.

View Quote

OK. That's good to know. I guess I need to get one of their blem lowers. They had them on sale last week.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Got a couple new stock options from DoubleStar last week. They just came out with a picatinny to MPX adapter, and it works with their “slim stick”Attachment Attached File

Same adapter also interfaces with their pistol brace adapter and Strong Arm.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I want one of those lowers with a folding stock for my .22lr dedicated integrally suppressed upper
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:49:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BPR] [#24]
My 13 year old got a chance to shoot the BRN-180 today.  He approves.

We’re still 100% reliability through about 300 rounds now.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 10:18:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNRonin] [#25]
I have the 16 and 10. I love them. Topped them with PA 1x, and 3x.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I like this many times for sure.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:07:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#27]
Originally Posted By DEFCON50:
Wow, I love this gun. I put about 150 rounds through it yesterday and what a smooth shooting gun. Its my first time shooting a gun like this. Feels like I'm shouldering an AR but the smoothness of that action doing its thing feels different. I know the Hypertap makes a big difference in recoil but I thought it shot great. I look forward to adding some more accessories to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7JjkTQ-6jg
View Quote

I really enjoyed your video. I went the JAKL route but haven’t shot it yet and now I want to build a BRN-180 too.
Great seeing the little one shooting the rifle too, shows how smooth it shoots.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 7:10:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Stock number ???  3 maybe?  

This is from Brigade Arms.  They make it for their Makasi rifle/  Ordered direct from Brigade and had it in about 3 or 4 days.  

Stock came in today. It’s made well. Folding mechanism appears to be cast.  Fits nice and tight to picatinny rail.  It does not lock folded but has a very stiff spring and doesn’t flop around. It’s a little tough to unlock to fold.  I’m sure that’ll wear in though.  Cheek weld is comfortable and proper height for this BRN180.  

No wiggle is good! Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By User55645:
https://i.ibb.co/kKwHPcF/20221022-150234.jpg
View Quote

What kind of stock is that, it looks awesome!
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top