Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2021 12:27:46 PM EDT
I’m converting a .223 to 7.62x39, and was looking at the different manufacturers.  I’ve always built my own uppers, but this will be a complete upper acquisition.  I’ve read negative things about Davidson Defense, and heard unfavorable things about Bear Creek Arsenal.  I have found uppers by Moriariti Armament, and Xaviar (so?), but I’ve never heard of them.  Recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Build it yourself, why change from what has worked for you?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Daytona Tactical. Poor customer service, and when they shipped the complete wrong order, refused to ship the right parts until they received the ones they sent in error.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I might end up doing that, the only thing that's changed is parts availability.  If I knew I could get all the parts, I would, but with complete assemblies available (somewhat), it is tempting to "one click and done".
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
DIY.

Otherwise, PSA has worked for me in 7.62
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Moriariti Armament is GTG in my book, I bought a bunch of parts for an Aero M5 build during the last panic or panic before that because they were the only place I could find what I needed to finish my build. they shipped fast and at a reasonable price and I had no complaints.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Daytona Tactical. Poor customer service, and when they shipped the complete wrong order, refused to ship the right parts until they received the ones they sent in error.
View Quote

I second this.

They suck.  I ordered some parts that were “in stock” about 5 weeks ago.  Their site says 3-4week delay in shipping due to the current shit show......ok fine.

So last week I get an update email telling me they refunded my money.......WTF?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
solgw, their probably local to you and they be literally the only company I give money to for ma ar15
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#8]
If you mean "Zaviar", they're manufactured and sold by www.22mods4all.com in Longwood, FL - good quality and great service.  Fit and finish were fine.

My grandson & I built a .223 Wylde 20" heavy barrel target rifle in the summer of 2020 with the upper and BCG from them.  This was before the shortages, but I received it in 10 days - their website shows prices the same as last May, although inventory is a bit reduced - their order processing/shipping is running about 14-21 days.  I believe you would be very satisfied with their quality and prices.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been lucky with BCA I guess. Both of my X39 uppers from them were flawless out of the box. No extended firing pins or any other mods. I don't have thousands of rounds through them just a few 100. One is a 10.5 the other is 7.5 inch.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top