Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2020 10:15:44 PM EDT
Well let the games begin. Probably going to put a PSA upper on it. Would like to build it up as a 20" rifle or maybe 18"
Pretty much just going to be a range toy.
Ive done a lot of reading and clicked around in the FAQs.

Who has a Bushy lower built gun?

Not building a high dollar rifle. Whats the go to LPK for one of these? Im seeing lots of just buy an AR15 LPK but then theres the, it wont work, and it will work posts for everything.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Get an Anderson LPK or one from from Palmetto State. Ive used the lower build kits too from Palmetto....they come with the stock and pistol grip.....everything to complete the lower.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. Anybody know how these fit on the PSA upper? Its probably the same as the DPMS. I see some people shaving a little off the rear lug because of tight fits with other lowers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply. Anybody know how these fit on the PSA upper? Its probably the same as the DPMS. I see some people shaving a little off the rear lug because of tight fits with other lowers.
View Quote
Haven't had any issues with mine.  That said 98% of the time when people complain about something like that they're either incapable, or more commonly unwilling, of taking a few strokes with a file to fit it.  2% of the time there may actually be an issue with the item being so far out of spec it's unreasonable to fit the part.  Not to mention virtually 99.9% of the time they come on here and bitch first before contacting customer service.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Haven't had any issues with mine.  That said 98% of the time when people complain about something like that they're either incapable, or more commonly unwilling, of taking a few strokes with a file to fit it.  2% of the time there may actually be an issue with the item being so far out of spec it's unreasonable to fit the part.  Not to mention virtually 99.9% of the time they come on here and bitch first before contacting customer service.  
View Quote
Like to hear about your build. What Gen upper etc. I know what you mean. I been a fully accredited WECSOGS gun smith since the early FAL days of building
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty sure CDNN has the bushy LPK. Not saying the PSA won't work but large frame ARs are the wild west with zero standardization across manufacturers. I can say for certain that the PSA upper will fit a bushy lower perfectly. I know Aero and PSA can go together but there is a gap in the radius of the curve.

I have a 18" rifle length gas with a superlative arms adjustable gas block on mine. Very sweet setup.  In hindsight I probably would have gone with a lighter profile and 6.5 creedmore instead of .308win. At the time 6.5 was the new kid on the block and wasn't well supported yet.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:19:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pretty sure CDNN has the bushy LPK. Not saying the PSA won't work but large frame ARs are the wild west with zero standardization across manufacturers. I can say for certain that the PSA upper will fit a bushy lower perfectly. I know Aero and PSA can go together but there is a gap in the radius of the curve.

I have a 18" rifle length gas with a superlative arms adjustable gas block on mine. Very sweet setup.  In hindsight I probably would have gone with a lighter profile and 6.5 creedmore instead of .308win. At the time 6.5 was the new kid on the block and wasn't well supported yet.
View Quote
I have a LPK coming from Midway, Stoner brand. Ive used them on ARs before and they are good to go for that.
Wondering what gen upper you have? Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 1:39:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have a LPK coming from Midway, Stoner brand. Ive used them on ARs before and they are good to go for that.
Wondering what gen upper you have? Thanks for any help.
View Quote
Gen 1
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@K1rodeoboater
Interesting.

So did the takedown and pivot pins align and fit just fine ?  Just curious.

And did the "bore" of the PSA upper ( where the BCG rides ) look aligned / centered with the Bushmaster lower buffer tube ?  With a 308 Aero upper on a PSA lower, I could see the two "bores" were not centered visually.

FWIW... My concern was the mag may not be oriented / positioned quite right, since it was "off center" with the different brand upper and lower, and the tail of the BCG bumping the top of the buffer tube , rather then being properly centered.

And if memory serves me, the takedown pins, and pivot pin fitment was "off" slightly between the Aero upper M5E1 and PSA PA10 lower

Anyway, just curious.
View Quote
Ah shit stupid autocorrect on my phone. @Tango @bfoosh06

I DON'T  know if the bushy and PSA line up perfectly. I used a PA-10 upper on my M5 for a short while, then replaced it with a M5E1 later. Still have the PSA upper kicking around somewhere in one of our boxes from the move.  I did file the takedown pin holes IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:58:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Good info.  This is the stuff Im wondering about. Im out $70 if it fails. I will buy a stripped PSA then with some tax money if all is lost.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I just built 2 of these using the DPMS 308 LPK’s from Brownells they were on sale there, the lower is compatible with DPMS gen 1 uppers, PMAG worked without issue S&W metal mag was problematic, I used the 308 carbine stock from CDNN also.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I made a quick video on the Bushmaster stripped lower
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cNEkOgIRvqM&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought one of the CDNN Bushmaster stripped lowers and built it with random lower parts I had on hand. For the upper I used an Aero stripped upper, DPMS 16" barrel, and a DPMS BCG built from the CDNN stripped bolt and carrier. Everythings fine, really well actually. The only thing I did was mill off the lower receiver "wings" that didn't match with the profile of the Aero upper. Everything is at the cerakoter right now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#14]
My first parts build in 1994 on a Bushmaster lower. No issues.

Have many makes. Several Colt guns. Favorite are the two old AMEETEC lowers. All mags fit and run and drop free easily. Loaded full 30 in all mag type seat easy on closed bolts unlike my others.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I bought one of the CDNN Bushmaster stripped lowers and built it with random lower parts I had on hand. For the upper I used an Aero stripped upper, DPMS 16" barrel, and a DPMS BCG built from the CDNN stripped bolt and carrier. Everythings fine, really well actually. The only thing I did was mill off the lower receiver "wings" that didn't match with the profile of the Aero upper. Everything is at the cerakoter right now.
View Quote
I was looking at those "wings" and they look to match up more to the PSA Gen 3. I have my receiver now and trigger parts. It looks well made.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I made a quick video on the Bushmaster stripped lower
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cNEkOgIRvqM&feature=youtu.be
View Quote
Video link is marked Private.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#17]
It matches up well with the DPMS upper and the ugly high rise upper CDNN is selling also, I read the PA10 stuff is a little different than the others but that seems to be the norm in AR308 land, I like the fact it has the normal trigger guard
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry about that published as public now,
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 3:28:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry about that published as public now,
View Quote
Good video. Pretty much what I searched for before I bought my stuff. I couldnt find anything other than I knew Bushmaster and DPMS were the same.  I figured there would be uppers around for DPMS types.

Theres tons of people asking questions on PSAs website for the parts and pieces. Some are answered and a lot are not. A lot of the info is vague when you get into Gen 1, 2, and 3.

Im thinking of going with a Gen 3 PSA 20" complete upper.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top