Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2020 12:37:04 PM EDT
For those of you who already use the Blue Force Gear Vickers sling, did you get it with the push buttons swivels or without?

Are they sewn into a certain spot or are they adjustable where they attach to the sling.

I’m leaning towards the sling with the push buttons.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like the QD swivels. They are not sewn in. The whole sling is easily adjustable.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If you get the Vickers Push Button Sling, it will be sewed in the front and the rear. The rear is adjustable though, you just can't undo the whole sling.

A 1” push button “QD” swivel is sewn to the front of the sling and another 1.25" push button "QD" swivel is “captive” at the rear.  This creates a simple, streamlined, lightweight sling that can mount to any weapon with quick release sockets. The push button swivels are not removable preventing them from being lost or the sling misconfigured.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The ones I have are all sewn in. They’re GTG.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of my BFG slings have push button/QD sling swivels and I prefer to have them sewn in, instead of simply threaded onto the webbing.

Try BFG's Custom Sling builder option to have your sling built, your way.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:00:02 AM EDT
[#6]
There is an Order Comments or Instructions window on the checkout page, when you order direct from Blue Force Gear, that you can use to request them to set up our sling how you'd like it to be (i.e. sewn in hardware or held captive with an tri-glide).

I have done it both ways. My first BFG sling I ordered without hardware. That sling I attached a Magpul QD sling swivel to the front and looped the rear of the sling through a M-16 stock adapter on a A1 stock. My second BFG Vickers sling I bought a couple of BFG QD sling swivels along with it and asked them to sew in the front one.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got one sling with sewn in QDs, run push button QDs on all my BFG slings
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I wasn't sure which attachment points I would end up preferring so I got the buckle adjustable sling. Once I decided on Push button and HK hook for 2 and double push button I sewed them in.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you get the Vickers Push Button Sling, it will be sewed in the front and the rear. The rear is adjustable though, you just can't undo the whole sling.
View Quote

I've bought the Vickers 221 sling in the past because I thought I'd want to option of converting it to a single point sling with the Burnsed Socket by the rear sling loop. It comes with the front QD swivel sewn in, but the rear one is held in place by the polymer buckles, I think to have flexibility in the placement of the Burnsed Socket. I've found that I've never used the single point option, so I'll probably get the regular Vickers Push Button Sling next time.

Quoted:
There is an Order Comments or Instructions window on the checkout page, when you order direct from Blue Force Gear, that you can use to request them to set up our sling how you'd like it to be (i.e. sewn in hardware or held captive with an tri-glide).
View Quote

Their custom sling builder has pretty much alleviated the need to request options that way. They have one for both unpadded and padded slings. They didn't have that builder set up the last time I ordered a sling a few years ago. Great addition to their website, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Standard is not sewn in and is a bit more bulky. I prefer sewn in but also prefer a burnsed loop for conversion to single point so I can wear the sling in a vehicle and still use the rifle. You cant use a rifle on your strong side out a strong side window while seated in a vehicle without range of motion or choking issues. Then again, you cant use a seatbelt and sling at the same time and not risk some entanglement. For many people the simple sewn in option is best.

Much prefer QD to all other attachment options. Quieter, easier to use, slimmer attacments, better control of the sling with range limited sockets, etc. BFG push buttons are high quality but not as easy to activate the button as some others due to the tiny button and long throw to activte the button in the recessed body. That makes the burnsed 2 point to 1 point option is a bit more fiddly to use moving from front QD to burnsed QD.

Also keep in mind push button QD are not maintenance free. You need to blow em out and put a drop of CLP once every 6 to 12 months or they will start binding. You only need to clean and lube every 6 months if you use in dusty conditions 12 months otherwise. When you hear a horror story of a QD not holding the lack of maintenance or a low end QD swivel resilting in a stuck ball detent is usually why.

If you go non sewn in and buy your own QD swivel attachments there are some really horrible Chicom versions if you cheap out. BFG, Magpul, and Uncle Mikes are all good to go... everything else has been bad in my experience with BFG and Magpul being better than UM. I prefer Magpul over BFG because they are easier to push the button. BFG has a slimmer 1" option or a standard 1.25" option.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top