Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2022 1:32:23 PM EDT
I've got a  few blooper PMAG's. I think the first one I seen on here that was a single window Gen1 PMAG. Since then I've been looking.
I got:
*Gen3 in a Gen2 wrapper with no markings on back. (Apparently it was a Military test mag)
*MOE PMAG package upside down
*Gen3 packed with no dust cover
*Gen3 Standard packaged in a window wrapper

Curious what others may have or seen.

This is my favorite so far, a Gen2 that identifies as a Gen1 PMAG. Windows didn't get inserted during mold process, so it looks like a Gen1 Standard. I had hoped it was a single window, as it was new in wrapper but packaged as a Standard .

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]
So "Blooper" as in "slipped through quality control"?  
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So "Blooper" as in "slipped through quality control"?  
View Quote

Pretty much! "QC what?"
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it is awesome!
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#5]
it's the new Magpul TransMag. LBGTQ and all that ya know.......
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
it's the new Magpul TransMag. LBGTQ and all that ya know.......
View Quote

Right!?
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:56:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Not a blooper but I kinda wish I had grabbed the magpul window GI (aluminum) mag I had the opportunity to get years ago.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 6:09:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not a blooper but I kinda wish I had grabbed the magpul window GI (aluminum) mag I had the opportunity to get years ago.
View Quote

Yeah, those don't come up often, if ever. The first "Maglevel Mag".
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ive been dying to get another one of these. Had one way back when and it got lost to time. or stolen off the range
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I think all of you guys who can tell the difference between PMAGs have too much time on your hands.

I have black, green, and tan.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone got a picture of one? I've never heard of such a thing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I tried when I saw this yesterday and couldn’t even find a picture.

They even had an urban camo model. Pretty sure a buddy of mine had one. I think the transparent Pmag is the rarest, probably followed by these.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Not a blooper but I kinda wish I had grabbed the magpul window GI (aluminum) mag I had the opportunity to get years ago.

There were translucent mags in the 90's.  Fit Mini-14s as well.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There were translucent mags in the 90's.  Fit Mini-14s as well.
View Quote

Eagle was the brand. They’re rare too because most of them have shattered into 50 pieces by now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:21:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Eagle was the brand. They’re rare too because most of them have shattered into 50 pieces by now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  There were translucent mags in the 90's.  Fit Mini-14s as well.

Don't think it was Eagle.  I have some Eagle brand 10/22 mags.  I've got a half dozen AR/Minii-14 mags from the pre-ban era, they work fine.  One is cracked.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I swear that I received a Promag 20rd magazines in a Gen3 20rd package one time. I didn't realize it until I had already opened the package and dumped it into a pile on the table. I have never purchased Promag AR-15 magazines. I contact Magpul and they denied that it was possible.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I swear that I received a Promag 20rd magazines in a Gen3 20rd package one time. I didn't realize it until I had already opened the package and dumped it into a pile on the table. I have never purchased Promag AR-15 magazines. I contact Magpul and they denied that it was possible.
View Quote

Doubt.  Difficult to get a Magpul mag bag open w/o completely destroying it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Don't think it was Eagle.  I have some Eagle brand 10/22 mags.  I've got a half dozen AR/Minii-14 mags from the pre-ban era, they work fine.  One is cracked.
View Quote

Doh. Got them confused. It was Ramline.

Eagle made clear AR and Mini 14 mags, and Ramline made a clear mag that was advertised to fit both.

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Doh. Got them confused. It was Ramline.

Eagle made clear AR and Mini 14 mags, and Ramline made a clear mag that was advertised to fit both.

https://i.ibb.co/VxGx5HJ/52518-AD6-DEF3-4-E45-AAE2-EB138343-EF99.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/RcBNqcD/52-F48-C8-E-346-E-4-F18-9-AC9-69-AC843169-D5.jpg
View Quote

I had a few of those Eagle AR magazines and sold them on the EE during the ban era.  On retrospect I should have kept them as that constant force spring made them interesting.  Never had any failures with them, but they felt fragile.  

I also bought two of the Ramline magazines but returned them as they did not fit in my Colt Sporter.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:53:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I had a few of those Eagle AR magazines and sold them on the EE during the ban era.  On retrospect I should have kept them as that constant force spring made them interesting.  Never had any failures with them, but they felt fragile.  

I also bought two of the Ramline magazines but returned them as they did not fit in my Colt Sporter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Doh. Got them confused. It was Ramline.

https://i.ibb.co/VxGx5HJ/52518-AD6-DEF3-4-E45-AAE2-EB138343-EF99.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/RcBNqcD/52-F48-C8-E-346-E-4-F18-9-AC9-69-AC843169-D5.jpg

Interesting.  I have near a full loadout of Ramlines, including one still in the original packaging.  The only advertised guns mine won't fit in are two AR-180s; I have a mag that did fit one AR-180.  I've tested them in multiple ARs, and in @Commando223 's Mini-14, which worked fine.  They're the only pre-ban mags that I don't ship to Massachusetts, and cause me to constantly shop for underpriced Mini-14s.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was designed to make the GI mag better... anti-tilt follower, window to view rounds, and the L-plate for impact resistance.

They didn't last long, due to windows popping out, that were already a pain in the ass to install. Then they pushed the PMAG and the rest was history!

Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I tried when I saw this yesterday and couldn’t even find a picture.

They even had an urban camo model. Pretty sure a buddy of mine had one. I think the transparent Pmag is the rarest, probably followed by these.
View Quote

Magpul has/does play with different colors and translucent polymers. They were originally going to come out with Orange/Blue/Green/Pink with Black, FDE, FOL, ODG. Color polymer never worked out.
Training facilities did get Orange / Blue PMAG's made but never on commercial market.
Only "odd" color to make it to commercial is LaRue UDE.

Translucent PMAG's are the hens teeth.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 1:40:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:  Magpul has/does play with different colors and translucent polymers. They were originally going to come out with Orange/Blue/Green/Pink with Black, FDE, FOL, ODG. Color polymer never worked out.
Training facilities did get Orange / Blue PMAG's made but never on commercial market.

View Quote

I've used a blue PMag, but it had some training company's name on it, & was intended to feed blanks into M-16A2s & M4s.  It did not work on an M249.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 1:53:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Didn't the G1s all have the window slot molding?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Didn't the G1s all have the window slot molding?
View Quote

Correct, they used the same mold for Window and Standard.
Gen2 & 3 there are seperate molds. Windows have to have the plastic window place in the mold and then the polymer is injected around it. If window is left out, like the gen2 found, it looks like the old gen1 Standard. Should have been caught during QC, but they sent it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:12:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Not a blooper, but I have some blue p-mags.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Use to have some other cool Pmags but sold most over the years.

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Use to have some other cool Pmags but sold most over the years.

https://i.imgur.com/TDMnKSY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SDKrv3k.jpg
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#31]
I may have to look through mine now, not sure I would have even noticed had I not read this thread........
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:  Not a blooper, but I have some blue p-mags.
View Quote

Will they feed normal rounds or only blanks?

In the late 80's, had a buddy in Army ROTC, and he loved his M-14 b/c it would actually feed blanks on an FTX, as opposed to an M-16 - long before PMAGs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Dang that's cool. I can imagine the production to make them wouldn't be viable compared to modern day options.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Those Maglevel GI mags are too cool. I did not know that was the genesis of the PMAG. I can see were retention and reliability of the window in the aluminum housing would be a bit spotty. How long were they available?
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:10:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Those Maglevel GI mags are too cool. I did not know that was the genesis of the PMAG. I can see were retention and reliability of the window in the aluminum housing would be a bit spotty. How long were they available?
View Quote

Maybe just a couple months, early 2007. PMAG's took off around 03/2007.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Magpul has/does play with different colors and translucent polymers. They were originally going to come out with Orange/Blue/Green/Pink with Black, FDE, FOL, ODG. Color polymer never worked out.

View Quote

The Bushmaster coyote mags are possibly even more rare than UDE.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The Bushmaster coyote mags are possibly even more rare than UDE.
View Quote

OE PMAG's are hard to find, I'm finding the M&P FDE and Remingtons being the hardest to find.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

They also used CProduct bodies so there was a concern there.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top