Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2018 5:28:33 PM EDT
Which is better the Blitzkrieg AR-15 9mm Hydraulic Buffer or the CTS 9mm AR-15 AKTIVE Buffer?
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't tried the CTS, but I have the Blitzkrieg and love it.  It's the only thing I really splurged on in my budget build.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Consider TACCOM's buffer. It cushions the bolt at both ends of travel. No oil to leak, no o-rings to wear out.

https://taccom3g.com/product/taccom-pcc-adjustable-buffer-system/

There is a lengthy discussion on the Brian Enos forum and video on Youtube explaining how it works.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
A spring system (ex. MBX) is good for slowing down the bolt as it moves rearward, but once the bolt starts
to move forward, all of the energy stored in the spring(s) needs to go somewhere, and somewhere
is slamming the bolt into the hold-on device or into the breach face.

Am I wrong in this analysis?
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Consider TACCOM's buffer. It cushions the bolt at both ends of travel. No oil to leak, no o-rings to wear out.

https://taccom3g.com/product/taccom-pcc-adjustable-buffer-system/

There is a lengthy discussion on the Brian Enos forum and video on Youtube explaining how it works.
View Quote
Any experience with it?  I like the Taccom guys and they make some neat stuff.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#5]
That Tacom looks sweet, and cheaper than a hydraulic.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]
What barrel length are we talking about?

I have that 4" that I am thinking a one of those two buffers might help make slightly less snappy, but I don't know if it is worth it or needs a different spring either?
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A spring system (ex. MBX) is good for slowing down the bolt as it moves rearward, but once the bolt starts
to move forward, all of the energy stored in the spring(s) needs to go somewhere, and somewhere
is slamming the bolt into the hold-on device or into the breach face.

Am I wrong in this analysis?
View Quote
That's true but it's just the nature of straight blowback. It would be the same with a standard buffer setup as well. More important is you don't want the bolt bouncing off the barrel and giving you an out of battery detonation. A buffer with reciprocating weights will help prevent that from happening (which I can say from personal experience using a solid vs reciprocating weight buffer).

But as one previous poster mentioned, the taccom system cushions both the forward and rearward travel of the bolt. I own one myself and can attest it softens the recoil impulse rearward and forwards. No experience with the MBX but iirc it should do something similar. I just went with the taccom because it was cheaper
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 12:19:27 AM EDT
[#8]
How well does the taccom system work with a suppressor?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top