Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/26/2023 1:42:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty nice looking, and I love A1s, but almost $1000  for a blem repro seems high to me. Maybe I have pre-covid prices stuck in my head but there it is.

Nice carbine though.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty nice looking, and I love A1s, but almost $1000  for a blem repro seems high to me. Maybe I have pre-covid prices stuck in my head but there it is.

Nice carbine though.

View Quote

I'm sure you could throw together something cheaper if you don't care about the rollmarks. And don't consider the price of A1 uppers these days. And a P&W.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Wish they would sell that with an A2 upper as a 720.

Regret not buying a A2 lightweight sporter carbine a guy was selling at a gunshow in St. Charles Mo. years ago.
Wanted less than 500 for it.
Don't think it sold that day.
At the time, everyone was after M4 profile barrels and M4 flattop upper receivers.

RCA
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wish they would sell that with an A2 upper as a 720.

Regret not buying a A2 lightweight sporter carbine a guy was selling at a gunshow in St. Charles Mo. years ago.
Wanted less than 500 for it.
Don't think it sold that day.
At the time, everyone was after M4 profile barrels and M4 flattop upper receivers.

RCA
View Quote

They've (H&R/PSA) said A2 uppers will be in the pipeline soon, so I guess that will be a possibility.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Just pieced one together with a Blem upper and regular A2 lower for about $1K after shipping and tax.  Saved about $80 going that route vs. buying a complete Blem Rifle.  You also can do an A1 lower if you prefer.  Not sure if that was ever a legit offering?  

I'll definitely swap into an A2 upper if they become available. - Just ordered an A2 upper from Thunder Tactical.  Being a lefty, I really prefer the case deflector nub.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Picked mine up today. Very cool.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I always have to say how much I like the "723" every time I see one. It is light, handy but still accurate.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Picked mine up today. Very cool.
View Quote

nice, hows the quality of the handguards? have one on the way and wondering if i should source replacements.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#9]
did they fix the ability to mount a bayonet? i saw before that the pin/weld was large enough that it kept the bayonet ring from fitting over the flash hider
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#10]
i received 2 blems and 1 non-blem uppers last week.  the blems were identical to the non-blem, not blemish on any.  all show evidence of function test firing and all three pin up to Colt lowers with zero fitment issues.
FWIW:  barrel markings are under top handguard....  G. 556 NATO.  1/7.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I received my Blem upper yesterday.  And other than the protruding weld dimple I filed down on the FH, I didn't see any Blems.  And I don't know if it was mentioned, but the FH on these are A2's (closed bottom).  I swapped out the PG & HG's with some that were a little more shiny than what came with the gun.

I mated this to an H&R A2 lower & took it out to shoot today.  It ran 100% with Igman 55 gr.  I was using 10 yard targets that zero for 50/200.  You aim at the black dot, and your impact should be the grey dot.  Other than needing 2 clicks to the right (it may need more adj. at 50 yds.), it was pretty much zero'd.  

As a lefty, my biggest worry was going to be brass to the face without a shell deflector.  I don't know if it was the ejector/extractor springs used in the bolt, or the ammo, but I had no brass issues at all.  

It's amazing how light this gun is.  This is a winner from H&R (PSA).

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I received my Blem upper yesterday.  And other than the protruding weld dimple I filed down on the FH, I didn't see any Blems.  And I don't know if it was mentioned, but the FH on these are A2's (closed bottom).  I swapped out the PG & HG's with some that were a little more shiny than what came with the gun.

I mated this to an H&R A2 lower & took it out to shoot today.  It ran 100% with Igman 55 gr.  I was using 10 yard targets that zero for 50/200.  You aim at the black dot, and your impact should be the grey dot.  Other than needing 2 clicks to the right (it may need more adj. at 50 yds.), it was pretty much zero'd.  

As a lefty, my biggest worry was going to be brass to the face without a shell deflector.  I don't know if it was the ejector/extractor springs used in the bolt, or the ammo, but I had no brass issues at all.  

It's amazing how light this gun is.  This is a winner from H&R (PSA).

https://i.imgur.com/Ls8ONRs.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/t4NfZ5Z.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5HWEOmI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rznFakN.jpg
View Quote

Beautiful little carbine!
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They are quite popular, one of the best sellers.

I led with it because it’s easy to build from a logistics standpoint, and the quintessential “CAR-15” in my opinion.

One of those and a suppressed 22 pistol is the perfect survival combination.
View Quote

My next build will be along the same lines.  Light and handy.  I’ll be doing a 733.  Already have another H&R lower on its way to my FFL.  Now if only I could find a C7 upper.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top