Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2018 1:41:16 PM EDT
@Brownells

Do you know when you will have more black XM16E1 lowers? Is there any reason backorder isn't available? Thanks.

I figured I would post this in the forum for anyone else with the same question vs. a PM.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I just looked, and you're correct - the XM16E1 lower in black is on backorder. Butt...I saw they have the XM16E1 available as a blem. They say: "However, these options have varying finishes, ranging from shiny green to dark gray."

I just got a blem M16A1 lower from them (picked it up from my FFL shop a couple days ago), and it's a dark gray (almost black). I'm going to use it with a black upper, and it looks very close.

It's a really good deal at $95, and you could afford to send it off for black anodizing if after you get it you think it's too light.

Below is my blem lower with the upper I'll put it with. It is lighter than the black upper it will be with, but it would be easy to get it anodized black - but I think I'll try to lighten the upper to match the lower!

ETA: pic added

Link Posted: 9/18/2018 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I myself just got one of the blem lowers to go with a blem A1 upper. Unless you're in direct, bright sunlight, the difference in finish is negligible. Both were an absolute steal for the price point.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top