Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2022 6:07:34 PM EDT
All my ARs currently have Geissele SSA triggers in them. How are the binaries for single shots? Do they feel gritty, heavy, and have creep compared to the Geissele? If they feel like a mil-spec LPK trigger than I don't want one. Go with Franklin or another brand?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any expensive triggers (except binaries), but the Fostech Echo AR-II from Trigger Depot  with the tactical spring upgrade is pretty crisp compared to my other AR triggers.  
I prefer the Fostech to the Franklin.  I can't outrun the Echo, but I have the Franklin.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Between the ever crazy and ANTI 2A laws, and the cost of ammo (and everything else), I don't see binary triggers as practical.

Fun, yes!

But spendy.

I've used a fostech that I liked, and even shot an old neighbor's nephew's AR that had a ITF "80%" trigger.

Both were cool, safe and did what they were supposed to do.

Anymore, I'm fine with a high quality milspec, or a nice drop-in.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Fostech has a much better pull than a stock trigger.  It also has some built in timing control.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgot that I made this thread.

Pics of broken cast parts of Fostechs pushed me into ordering a Franklin binary first. Maybe a Fostech will be second, we'll see.

Still haven't shot the Franklin binary that I put in the Ruger Charger. The trigger isn't too bad though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Franklins are fun. I try to increase my bolt velocity a bit to make sure I don't outrun the carrier when pulling the trigger quickly. A Brownells lightweight BCG will speed it up a bit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Franklins are fun. I try to increase my bolt velocity a bit to make sure I don't outrun the carrier when pulling the trigger quickly. A Brownells lightweight BCG will speed it up a bit.
View Quote

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Some examples.

Franklin 9mm

Franklin .308

Franklin 5.56

Link Posted: 9/5/2022 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#8]
The Franklin Binary single stage with a standard mil spec hammer spring is pretty crisp around 6ish - 6.5 lbs.  I added a Hyperfire green colored hammer spring that supposedly gives the same ignition power as a mil spec hammer spring, but with a slightly lesser pull.  Pull is around 5.5 lbs. with it in and it's quite nice.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top