Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2021 7:24:50 PM EDT
Looking at getting a magpul bi-pod just for times I want to do more precise shooting.
I want to be able to easily take it on and off.

I see there are QD Sling Stud connections for bi pods? ...Is that the best option for me?

I’ll run my rifle without the bi-pod 80-90% of the time so I don’t want something hanging off my hand guard that is too obtrusive.
Or, do I just get an m-lok or pic-rail and take it in and off the few times I want to use it? Maybe a pic rail if the bi pod has a hand screw on attachment

For $100 or so, is there a better option than the magpul for basic shooting?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
What type of handguard do you have?  I have a section of pic rail attached to the underside of an m-lok and a bipod that clamps onto the pic rail with a QD lever.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Magpul Bipod for A.R.M.S.® 17S Style and a American Defense AD-170-S STD will easily attach and detach from any picatinny rail.

If you have an M-Lok handguard, I'd probably go with the Kinetic Development picatinny segment along with the Magpul picatinny bipod.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What type of handguard do you have?  I have a section of pic rail attached to the underside of an m-lok and a bipod that clamps onto the pic rail with a QD lever.
View Quote

I have an Aero Atlas-S handguard... so it has M-lok slots of the bottom and sides.
So... I could use an M-lok attachment directly, OR I could add a small section of pic-rail and attach to that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have an Aero Atlas-S handguard... so it has M-lok slots of the bottom and sides.
So... I could use an M-lok attachment directly, OR I could add a small section of pic-rail and attach to that.
View Quote

Either will work, but the pic rail and QD will be faster to off and on than messing with an allen wrench.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Kinetic Development Group Kinect MLOK quick detach review
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top