Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2021 2:50:55 PM EDT
The little foam bumper piece that sits at the front of my bettermag adapter ( https://www.redi-mag.com/product/better-mag-s-22-rimfire-magazine-adaptor/ ) finally let go.  1) Do I really need this? 2) If yes, what would be the best adhesive to use to put it back?

Running a dedicated Cmmg 22 upper if that's relevant..
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea whether it's necessary, but I'd bet some thin foam tape cut to the same size would make a easy replacement assuming it's even necessary.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Double sided carpet tape would probably hold.  That stuff really sticks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No idea whether it's necessary, but I'd bet some thin foam tape cut to the same size would make a easy replacement assuming it's even necessary.
View Quote

I am hesitant to use something that might turn into a gummy sludge when it makes contact with clp.  The old foam bumper has held up fine except for whatever was gluing it down, so I would rather recycle the foam and just reglue it.  I will ask the manufacturer and see what they say.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I am hesitant to use something that might turn into a gummy sludge when it makes contact with clp.
View Quote

Or just remove the BMA before you spray it?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive been using it without the bumper for ages.  Until this thread, I hadn't even thought about it since I probably installed the thing.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#6]
The manufacturer advised "any glue should work" so I put a dab of loctite extreme glue on it.  If it fails I will update this thread.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top