Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2018 11:07:29 PM EDT
Ok I have this:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-15-sport-ii-optics-ready-m-lok-handguard

I have made a few additions.  Most notable to this conversation would be a K2+ grip.

I like it.

I even like the M4 style stock except..... Man, that thing is cheap.   It doesn't feel nearly as good as the handguard or K2+.  Its clearly an inferior material.   It rattles too.  I managed to attach a very small piece of soft side Velcro inside and that fixed it but it feels like a ridiculous solution.  It feels terrible to the touch too.  I don't want a different shape or style or stock.  I like the size, shape, and the natural quick grab to adjust.  I just want something that doesn't feel like a cheap toy.  The only thing I might change would be to have a QD where the horizontal slit is for a sling.   Doesn't have to be there though.  Any suggestions on what I should look at?  I want a material that feels closer to the Magpul handguard and open to other suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The B5 Bravo would be my vote.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:01:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Magpul CTR or MOE SL, Bravo B5, BCM Mod 0, Vltor has some great offerings. Honestly the market has so many choices out there and it makes it hard to pick, but those are my top ones that I have felt/used.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
BCM gets my vote. They lock up tighter than a virgin prom date.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I never paid much attention to Magpul stuff until I saw the CTR locking feature and got my hands on one.  Now I have at least 6 of them.  I like them a lot.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never paid much attention to Magpul stuff until I saw the CTR locking feature and got my hands on one.  Now I have at least 6 of them.  I like them a lot.
View Quote
I have a CTR on my SBR and really like it. I only mentioned the B5 because the OP said he wanted something similar looking to a M4 waffle stock.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a fan of the BCM stocks.  They lock up really tight without the need to be "locked".
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#8]
LWRC Compact (not the ultra compact).
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#9]
That B5 looks like just what I was describing.   QD on a better quality M4 stock.  
I don't like the Magpul stocks.   Mostly the way they adjust or have the adjustment protected (blocked).   That B5 looks nice.  I may have to see if I can get one in my hands to check out.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#10]
If you already have a Magpul grip and Handguards, get a Magpul stock too.

I like the CTR best, but all of 'em are good.

If you want to stick with a waffle stock, Colt and LMT are the best quality by far.  Holler  if you want one, I have a few extra.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 9:17:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for the ctr here.  I use and recommend them almost exclusively for carbines.   Good looking, tough, and tight lockup.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top