Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2021 12:24:20 AM EDT
For those that own a current generation (newer clear back, etc) beta mag do you lube the mag with the graphite that comes with it?  If so where do you put the graphite and how much do you use?  I have talked to users that have never used the lube and everything in between.  I have searched the mags included documentation as well as the beta website and have not seen any direction on how exactly to apply the graphite lube and how much to use.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Teflon dry lube makes more sense. I also simply use wax.

I mean for grease gun and uzi mags, I don't lube my plastic mags.  For a windy, spinny mag, I would lube the spinny  bearing points. If it is simply dry graphite, I think the application would be self limiting and hard to over lube. I only use dry graphite in combination padlocks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a old one and honestly I’ve never lubed it. I don’t use it often but it’s never had a issue.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#3]
After I clean a magazine I will spray silicone inside, let it dry, then buff it out. You don't want anything inside a magazine that will attract dirt or carbon.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I put 10 rounds in a ziploc bag. Add a little graphite, and shake it around.
Load these first.

It also works for Korean Glock drums...

The Glock drum was dry, and wouldn't present rounds reliably.
The graphite treatment solved it.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top