Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2020 1:10:16 PM EDT
I'm finally adding a sling to my old school A2 rifle, and was looking at one of the Larue padded slings that have QD swivels on each end.  I see that the QD swivel on the rear of the sling can be removed so in theory I could feed it through the existing A2 sling loop, but having never tried this, would it work okay in a 2-point sling role?  I've also seen these contraptions that go through the existing sling loop and around the side, to convert the sling to a side mount (not sure what they are called?).

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Without modifying the A2 stock, I've gone the IDF route before where you tie 550 cord around the stock and through the bottom sling mount, then in the 550 cord you make a smaller loop at the top where you attach your sling.  Helps it balance down when carrying at the ready.

Mine looked better than this though.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.spectergear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=004

I use this one. Seems to work well once you figure it out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I prefer on an A2 stock, as well. (I have four of them.)

Back in ancient history, when I was an Infantryman humping an A2 (30 years ago), I used a padded M60 sling, with the front through the FSB and the rear looped through the bottom sling swivel and around the stock, with the keeper pulled tight against the stock body.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I never understood the AR platform sling mounts, holding it upside down unless slung on shoulder.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd think something like this would be a great flexible option:
Proctor WOTG sling
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have this with the additional buttstock mag pouch
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive got a couple of these https://www.troyind.com/products/m16a4-sling-mount-blk-0  only downside to them is that they add about 1/4-3/8" to the LOP
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Tactical Tailor used to make a nylon/velcro part that wraps around the stock and attaches to the butt.  I am pretty sure I have a couple in my nylon junk bag.   I see they no longer make it.  I probably have the entire sling.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#9]
After digging around some more, I found out about the Blue Force Gear Buttstock adapter, so I'm going to give that a go.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
After digging around some more, I found out about the Blue Force Gear Buttstock adapter, so I'm going to give that a go.  Thanks guys.
View Quote

This is what I normally recommend.  Good buy!

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Noveske Flush Mount

Here's a link showing another option. I've tried both and never had any issues with either product.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I never understood the AR platform sling mounts, holding it upside down unless slung on shoulder.
View Quote

Don't forget how old this platform is overall.  Things tend to move/change slowly in the military many times.  Slings weren't regularly used in the manner we use them today until relatively recently.  Yeah we had people making their own solutions and some groups getting special equipment but for the most part big Army and the Marine Corps just used slings to carry rifles around on your shoulder when not in use.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
After digging around some more, I found out about the Blue Force Gear Buttstock adapter, so I'm going to give that a go. Thanks guys.
How are you hooking to the FSB

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The mounts on the bottom of the stock and FSB are parade mounts. Useless for anything.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I just bought the GG&G plate adapter with a side swivel in the front.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Are you opposed to modifying the stock?
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top