Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/29/2021 4:41:10 PM EDT
Hello all on the A2 side of the house. As the title says I have I'm thinking 2006-2008 A2 Bushmaster Carbine (made in Maine). Has the Bushmaster famous purple hue and had a A4 waffle type stock.  I replaced it with the 4 position style car stock off a Carbon Bushmaster. Right now I have a Colt 3X20 on it and it doesn't look all that bad to me. Hope to post some pictures soon.

Thanks
Craig

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'm going to stick with the Colt 3X20 fine cross hair. I removed the scope from the mount and drilled another hole for the mounting hardware to move it toward the back of the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Best scope for an A2 upper is a Compact ACOG 1.5x.

Pricey but well worth the money..
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Stick with the Colt.
Maybe Acog?

I've had a number of older Bushies and while I've heard of the purple anodize, I've neve seen it outside of a couple dials on the A2 sight, and you really had to get the right light to see it.

That one really is purple!

What are the first 3 digits in the SN too get an idea of when it was made?

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Its 6 digits first 3 are 442. If you can give me the year of manufacture that would be great.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking one of those Tasco rubber armored 3x9s would be spot on period correct.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm thinking one of those Tasco rubber armored 3x9s would be spot on period correct.

View Quote

Thanks, Maybe if I left the waffle stock on it. I think the Bushmaster Carbon CAR stock I have on it now brings the look of an earlier period.
I'm going to stay with the Colt 3X20 first gen fine crosshair for now...
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I would put on a Trijicon ACOG TA01.  You can find them on the Equipment Exchange usually for a lot less than retail.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top