Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2020 7:46:22 PM EDT
I have the typical Colt 6920 so what is the best either reflex or holographic sight that will clear the front sight? I appreciate the input. I would appreciate a cost effective one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably going to be tough to find the “best” one cheap.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Best and cheap don't mix but for the money the Sig Romeo 5 and a good 1/3 witness mount will get the job done.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't have to be cheap per say. I guess cost effective was bad wording. It more to benefit my son. He likes to shoot the AR but has trouble with the iron sights.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Any 2MOA or better reflex sight would be good, such as the Romeo 5. The only downside is if you use a magnifier, the red dot will still be at 2MOA, meaning it'll appear x times as large, where x is the power of the magnifier. A holographic sight doesn't have that issue with the aiming dot (a 1MOA dot goes to 1/x MOA with a magnifier), although the circular part of the reticle will appear x times as large. The cheapest you'll find a holographic sight at most retailers is around $400, although I picked up an EOTECH 512 on eBay for $340. A good reflex can be found for around $100 (that's what I paid for a Romeo 5).
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate the help fellas. The Romeo seems pretty decent and one I thought about before. Hopefully it will help my boy out with finding the target better!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Those Holosuns are getting pretty good reviews.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I’d suggest figuring out what you want to spend. As others stated, the Sig R5 or Holosun are a good start. Your requirements are going to change as you go. I’d start there.

“Cost effective” can mean a lot of different things to different people. Pick your price range and go from there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I appreciate the help fellas. The Romeo seems pretty decent and one I thought about before. Hopefully it will help my boy out with finding the target better!
View Quote
Where in pa are you i have a sig romeo 5 , lpvo, acog etc . If your near lewistown id be happy to let you check them out at the range.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Colt LE6940 and the model you have is rated one of the best AR makes you can buy, not to mention that Colt stopped making them due to I guess being in Connecticut. If you want quality then you have to except that quality Reflex sights, aren't cheap just like glass. I use an EOTech I got through military/LE sales. I had a Sig Sauer before that. You can go on an Auction website and sometimes get lucky. Crimson Trace makes a $200 model that is pretty good, then there is Sightmark. I've heard they are good for the money to Chinese trash. The Sig Reflex I had was made in China also and once zeroed it was great. If you want cheap I shot my buddies M&P w/ a Sightmark and it was like any other reflex sight. I know what I'm getting with the EOTech which I used in the Army for CQC and they had a class action and fixed the issues. I ran an ACOG w/ an MRO in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm not sure what your budget is but do research and save. You bought a 6920, at least your not asking about glass for a 300 Win Mag.That is what I'm saving for now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 2:03:43 AM EDT
[#11]
If you want something a little up market from a Romeo 5, I’ve looked through a Romeo 4 and it was pretty nice. I also have an MRO which has been fantastically reliable and a big objective lens which has its advantages. Price of either sits between a Romeo 5 and an aimpoint. Holosun could be a good option especially if you are interested in a circle dot reticle.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the Holosun 510c Elite, absolutely love it!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top