Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2021 8:30:15 PM EDT
Where do you guys buy ‘small’ lower parts? Springs, pins, detents, etc?
I have random parts and don’t need a complete LPK… just random stuff. And i don’t need the trigger/trigger group, grip and that stuff…
Problem is shipping too… I don’t want to pay $10 to ship $8 worth of parts.
My LGS doesn’t sell pieces, only complete LPK… I do know of one shop, but it’s about an hour drive.

Good place to buy random parts and pieces online?

… I do look here on EE but that hasn’t panned out.. yet?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#1]
White Oak Armament

JSE Surplus

Damage Industries
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt through Brownells and occasionally Specialized Armament... My other source isn't allowed to be mentioned here.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Damage Industries
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:10:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Midway has some “spring and detent” lower parts sets and some “critical parts” sets...  shipping gonna be shipping regardless where you buy from

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1017939778?pid=225996

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102284282?pid=411163
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.....  shipping gonna be shipping regardless where you buy
View Quote

Not necessarily.

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not necessarily.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not necessarily.

Absolutely not necessarily.  Some are free, some flat rate, some are just bizarre.  Sales tax (or not) is another variable.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Absolutely not necessarily.  Some are free, some flat rate, some are just bizarre.  Sales tax (or not) is another variable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not necessarily.

This.

$4 flat rate >$100 vs $13 to ship smalls is worth researching.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where do you guys buy ‘small’ lower parts? Springs, pins, detents, etc?
I have random parts and don’t need a complete LPK… just random stuff. And i don’t need the trigger/trigger group, grip and that stuff…
Problem is shipping too… I don’t want to pay $10 to ship $8 worth of parts.
My LGS doesn’t sell pieces, only complete LPK… I do know of one shop, but it’s about an hour drive.

Good place to buy random parts and pieces online?

… I do look here on EE but that hasn’t panned out.. yet?
Thanks!
View Quote

On par with the others, I like damage, brownells and JSE.  But for what its worth, if your LGS doesn't want to help, you should find a different LGS.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not necessarily.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not necessarily.

Quoted:

If OP is looking to buy one-off general parts small parts, Id bet that shipping is gonna be a $6-8 charge 95% of the time.  Lot of "free shipping" options have order minimums.

And thank you for posting specifics as to where OP can buy a $2-4 small part shipped for free...

ETA:  This LP kit will be back in stock in a month or so

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019428041
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If OP is looking to buy one-off general parts small parts, Id bet that shipping is gonna be a $6-8 charge 95% of the time.  Lot of "free shipping" options have order minimums.

And thank you for posting specifics as to where OP can buy a $2-4 small part shipped for free...

ETA:  This LP kit will be back in stock in a month or so

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019428041
View Quote

Vendors already mentioned here.

As an example:
My most recent WOA order = FA assy/dust cover assy....$5 ship. Compared to $9-$13 elsewhere.

Most recent JSE order = taper pins/ gas tube pins/ FA assy....$4 ship.

Damage constantly offers free ship.

It pays to shop around.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Joe bob Outfitters
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Joe bob Outfitters
View Quote

Another solid vendor.  Used them a handful of times.

ETA:
OP....check this out....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Joe Bob’s is a good seller as well as KM Tactical with a $7.95 flat rate shipping. Both have been shipping same/ next day as of recent. Right to Bear is another good one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Can’t believe people are talking about 5bucks shipping.
I’d used Brownells or Aero. Get a LPK minus FCG. $29 bucks. Never bad to have spares.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Another solid vendor.  Used them a handful of times.

ETA:
OP....check this out....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20210527-170752_Samsung_Inter-1957592.JPG
View Quote

Thanks! Just ordered a few items with FREE shipping!!
… they also had a flat rate shipping for $2.00 so also very good when free shipping isn’t available.
I’ll be using them again!

I didn’t “need” it, but I also Got a complete buffer tube kit for $30 which is also a hell of a deal if you ask me. Can’t hurt to have an extra for my next build!

… why waste $8-10 on shipping when instead you can get a few extra parts instead?!
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Just bought $350 in small parts and a couple uppers, buffer tubes, buffers, springs  etc. from UnbrandedAR. Will advise but other members have said good things.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 2:42:36 AM EDT
[#17]
I’m happy to pay $10 for shipping! Brownells and Fulton are reasonable. Every time I try to buy something small, (like two weld springs and 2 snap rings) from JSE the freight comes up $40-$50! So I look elsewhere for parts.
Most vendors realize that Alaska is still part of the US mail system, therefore a $8 flat rate box will still get here for $8!
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Unbrandedar parts arrived and their parts appear very high quality, comparing favorably with Colt OEM and nicer than Stag. Appears this company is indeed an OEM mfg. Square forge uppers, buffers, springs, lower parts kits less FCGs. Sealed, light coat of protective oil. Recommend.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Unbrandedar parts arrived and their parts appear very high quality, comparing favorably with Colt OEM and nicer than Stag. Appears this company is indeed an OEM mfg. Square forge uppers, buffers, springs, lower parts kits less FCGs. Sealed, light coat of protective oil. Recommend.
View Quote

I ordered some stuff from them last month and they shipped mind-bogglingly fast.

I'm not a QC guy, so I can't attest to their quality, but I have read that they have a good reputation.

LINK:  https://www.unbrandedar.com/IndividualLowerParts-s/175.htm

Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Another vote for unbranded ar here!  Use them all the time good damn folks
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I ordered some stuff from them last month and they shipped mind-bogglingly fast.

I'm not a QC guy, so I can't attest to their quality, but I have read that they have a good reputation.

View Quote

I agree! The buffer tube and buffer I got look top notch. Buffer was metal and nicely made, not a cheaper plastic one.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I agree! The buffer tube and buffer I got look top notch. Buffer was metal and nicely made, not a cheaper plastic one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I understand it UnBrandedAR is the in-house outlet for ZRODelta, which is a contract manufacturer for the firearms industry.

https://zrodelta.com/contract-manufacturing/

I'm interested in hearing more from anyone who has reliable information or personal experience/insight.

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

As I understand it UnBrandedAR is the in-house outlet for ZRODelta, which is a contract manufacturer for the firearms industry.

https://zrodelta.com/contract-manufacturing/

I'm interested in hearing more from anyone who has reliable information or personal experience/insight.

View Quote

The uppers are quite cheap at AIM and Brownells now carries as ZRODelta.

I have uppers from Colt, LMT, Stag, Aero, and Mega (billet). While I purchased a plain jane M4 flattop, the deep black anodizing and machine work (absent checking with calipers) appear flawless, centered etc. and I would rate above Aero for quality, in the LMT/Mega range.

Surprised to find myself an Unbranded/ZRODelta fan.  Most parts made it to the bin, one upper built.

Will post photos soon, it’s just a hassle as my phone focus has bricked so it requires using an old phone with no sim and loading to a laptop.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Another vote for unbranded ar here!  Use them all the time good damn folks
View Quote

Same, very pleased with the quality of Unbranded ARs products.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Who sells the best lower closest to mil-spec lower parts kits?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top