Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/25/2022 1:49:07 PM EDT
Where is the best place / deal on the Aluminum Retro Car Stocks?  Are they as good looking as the original essential arms repros?
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
https://doublestarusa.com/ace-essential-retro-coated-aluminum-car-buttstock-assembly-a127
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://doublestarusa.com/ace-essential-retro-coated-aluminum-car-buttstock-assembly-a127
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one off of them at the last Creek.  I was very suprised at the quality. Very close to the original I have. It was super cheap too. It was like they were blowing them out...
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where is the best place / deal on the Aluminum Retro Car Stocks?  Are they as good looking as the original essential arms repros?
View Quote

They are the Essential Arms stocks. Cast in the same foundry with the same patterns and hands. Fantastic product, and the Double Star folks are great people.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:59:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Got one here two weeks ago. OOS now but a good price

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/ACE-S-ESSENTIAL-RETRO-STOCK-408p9109.htm
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Thoroughbred Arms says they're in-stock as of the time I'm typing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thoroughbred Arms says they're in-stock as of the time I'm typing.
View Quote

Anybody buy one of these?
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

yes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes

Thanks cause I just did
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 4:58:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Bought one when Doublestar started production - don't have an original Colt or Essential to compare, but it matches a different repro (possibly Tony's Customs) in every aspect other than the finish; DS is a nice shiny powdercoat-looking job, my mystery one is a worn grey anodization/paint (artificially weathered by the previous owner).

Other folks here have posted comparison images with original Essential Arms production, and I believe some have compared Colt originals.

Edit: as of time of typing, the Thoroughbred link above still has 'em in-stock.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 6:25:29 AM EDT
[#13]
They are nice quality stocks, You will notice the difference in weight, particularly if you have a LW pencil build.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bought one when Doublestar started production - don't have an original Colt or Essential to compare, but it matches a different repro (possibly Tony's Customs) in every aspect other than the finish; DS is a nice shiny powdercoat-looking job, my mystery one is a worn grey anodization/paint (artificially weathered by the previous owner).

Other folks here have posted comparison images with original Essential Arms production, and I believe some have compared Colt originals.

Edit: as of time of typing, the Thoroughbred link above still has 'em in-stock.
View Quote

Essential Arms stock on top, original Colt stock (on an SP1 Carbine) below. IIRC, Essential used to sell an anodized version also, but I don't think that Doublestar does (yet?).

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Doublestar vs. Colt XM177E2 (US Armament) vs. Colt SP1 Carbine stocks

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#16]
They're worth the money, extension could be grey, but you can't tell the castle nut apart from the real thing.  Ive never seen the real stock, but it looks great.  
Waiting on 16" pencil barrel from Brownells.  Upper and lower are NDS black version, after I get some rounds through it I may try Norells.  The pistol grip is an Armalite, time to look for another colt.  I have NOS Colt 6 Holes.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#17]
That stock looks really nice
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks cause I just did
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes

Thanks cause I just did

Edit: my stock has shipped, OOS now
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top