Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2022 2:48:46 AM EDT
I’m looking for a decent magnifier that fits one of the 2.26” FTC mounts and not necessarily wanting to spend EOTech/Aimpoint money.

I don’t have any particular 2.26” FTC mount yet, so as long as the magnifier fits any of them that’s fine.  Either 3X or 4X magnifier is fine. Doesn’t have to be a compact one; I’d value clarity over length.

I hear the HS HM3X is pretty darn nice… some say even better than the EOtech magnifier.  But I don’t think that would for any of the 2.26” mounts.  Does the HM3X have a 2.26” smacked for its factory mount?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I only have experience with the Primary arms 3x magnifier.
This one is pretty good for the money, but it's the only one I've looked through, so take that with a grain of salt.
It fits in the 30mm Unity mount just fine.
https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-3x-ler-red-dot-magnifier-gen-iv-pa3xlergeniv
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
AFAIK, there is no Unity FTC mount that will work with the Vortex micro, as it’s not a 30mm tube style like Aimpoint or PA, and it doesn’t use the Eotech mounting footprint.

The Aimpoint 3x-c is roughly the same cost as the Vortex micro and can be used in a Unity FTC mount. My only complaint with the 3x-c is the eye relief, but the glass is great. The PA posted above will give you much better eye relief but I can’t speak to the glass quality.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AFAIK, there is no Unity FTC mount that will work with the Vortex micro, as it’s not a 30mm tube style like Aimpoint or PA, and it doesn’t use the Eotech mounting footprint.

The Aimpoint 3x-c is roughly the same cost as the Vortex micro and can be used in a Unity FTC mount. My only complaint with the 3x-c is the eye relief, but the glass is great. The PA posted above will give you much better eye relief but I can’t speak to the glass quality.
View Quote

Unity makes the OMNI FTC magnifier Mount now. It's dubbed as being more universal
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

The unity omni mount has the vortex micro listed as compatible. Marsh said the PA micro doesn't work with any of the unity mounts. I've been looking for something with decent eye relief since my wife wears glasses and I'm concerned the aimpoint will be too short. Have thought about just getting the PA micro and putting it on a unity riser but then there's no quick disconnect. Have considered the vortex as well but like you said that's approaching aimpoint/eotech $.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The unity omni mount has the vortex micro listed as compatible. Marsh said the PA micro doesn't work with any of the unity mounts. I've been looking for something with decent eye relief since my wife wears glasses and I'm concerned the aimpoint will be too short. Have thought about just getting the PA micro and putting it on a unity riser but then there's no quick disconnect. Have considered the vortex as well but like you said that's approaching aimpoint/eotech $.
View Quote

Yep, I was confusing the PA micro and the Vortex micro
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep, I was confusing the PA micro and the Vortex micro
View Quote

I gather from what PA has posted the 3x micro bolts up to the eotech pattern it just won't fold down in the unity mount. I have a spare unity riser so might do that with an ee g33 side folder and riser would just stay on the rifle. I have a PA micro prism scope and the glass is decent and eye relief is good. I'd assume the magview is similar.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve got the Vortex 6X Micro Magnifier with my T2 and it’s perfect. I’m sure the 3X would be the same.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I only have experience with the Primary arms 3x magnifier.
This one is pretty good for the money, but it's the only one I've looked through, so take that with a grain of salt.
It fits in the 30mm Unity mount just fine.
https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-3x-ler-red-dot-magnifier-gen-iv-pa3xlergeniv
View Quote

Why have I not seen this before?!?  A $100 magnifier (150 w/mount) with generous eye relief and nearly perfect reviews.  Thank you for the link.  Is your's a gen III or gen IV?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 11:20:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why have I not seen this before?!?  A $100 magnifier (150 w/mount) with generous eye relief and nearly perfect reviews.  Thank you for the link.  Is your's a gen III or gen IV?
View Quote

That's tempting. The #s are better than the micro and it only weighs 2.5oz more. With the unity riser I have it'll be a cheap way to try out the concept. This is for my wife's carbine so I want something cheap  for her to try out that's not total crap before dropping unity/g43 money.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 6:15:45 AM EDT
[#10]
That PA 3X LEP looks like the ticket.  It should fit in the 30mm Unity FTC and by all accounts the image and eye relief are great.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That PA 3X LEP looks like the ticket.  It should fit in the 30mm Unity FTC and by all accounts the image and eye relief are great.
View Quote
As an anecdotal data point - i had the pa gen4 and an aimpoint 3x-c and sold the aimpoint.

The aimpoint had maybe slightly better glass but it had seemingly much shorter eye relief. I preferred using the pa.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gen IV.
I like it for the money.
No complaints here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I liked the Holosun, but the proprietary mount meant you were stuck with it.

I'm eying this to pair with a Holosun 515GM tbh.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slx-full-size-3x-magnifier

I am skeptical on micro magnifiers imo. Weight savings are nice but...

The listed eye relief might be the same, but since they are naturally shorter, the rear/diopeter(?) lens will be farther forward unless you remove your rear buis.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gen IV.
I like it for the money.
No complaints here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gen IV.
I like it for the money.
No complaints here.

Another vote for this. I bought one just to try out magnifiers and have been really pleasantly surprised. I haven't beat it up very badly, but it seems well made. The eye relief is great compared to the couple I looked through at a store one time.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top