Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2021 8:49:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I got this sling from damage industries on sale for like 6 or 8 bucks. It's rougher than my magpul sling and the hardware isn't as nice. It's nothing special but it works. (not on sale as of this post) https://damageindustriesllc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2548&search=sling
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate single point slings on my rigs. The slings I run are flatline fiber co. They aren’t budget. But they’re great
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
My default, go-to is the BFG VCAS Padded.

But since you mentioned budget and AR pistol you should check out the $47 Vickers ONE Sling:

https://www.blueforcegear.com/vickers-one-sling

The Vickers One Sling
Lighter and slimmer - that is the Vickers ONE Sling.  The Vickers ONE Sling offers all the features of the Vickers Combat Application Sling™ in a slimmer, minimalist design, creating a lighter and more versatile sling.  For those with ultralight weight rifle builds or pistol caliber carbines, this sling is for you.  The Vickers ONE™ Sling combines 1” webbing and custom hardware to create a sling that functions the same as the Vickers Sling, but at 23% less weight than the Vickers Sling.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got this sling from damage industries on sale for like 6 or 8 bucks. It's rougher than my magpul sling and the hardware isn't as nice. It's nothing special but it works. (not on sale as of this post) https://damageindustriesllc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2548&search=sling
View Quote

Wow.  That actually looks pretty good for $25.  Nice and basic.

Otherwise, I'd just go old-school cotton sling for $15...

https://store.rwvaappleseed.com/page13.html

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#6]
SPECTER GEAR

Sign up for their sales emails, they run a lot of sales. I got one of these a while back for $20.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Butler Creek
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Define “budget”. Proctor slings and Edgar Sherman slings (both ~$38-50) are as cheap as I go on slings. Some won’t consider anything other than a $90 Haley Strategic sling.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:I have plenty of the USGI cotton/web slings on my Garands/1903s but O agree they would be a good step up from the cheap nylon on most of my carbines.
View Quote
The OP mentions “QD”.  Well, if you like the M1 sling (either in cotton or nylon), you could modernize one by replacing the J-hook with a QD swivel and adding another one up front.

Whatever you go with, check the length. The M1 for example might not be long enough for some styles of carry.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#11]
IDF sling
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Make your own. Seriously, I've got ~$30 in 4 of these and for casual use they work great.

How to make your own slings
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#13]
VTAC
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#14]
The Citizen Gear Stark sling is affordable, light weight, and seems sturdy.  It's as low as $30 for a modern style sling:
https://www.citizengearco.com/shop/the-stark-sling/2

The Redi-Mag/Boonie Packer 2P sling is even more affordable, at $20-25:
https://www.redi-mag.com/product/2p-tactical-quick-adjustable-sling/
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#15]

These are well made and functional.  Adjusts easily, holds well, good range of adjustment, no tail, webbing has a nice texture and hand.  A little wider and heavier than a Proctor sling and happened to be perfect for some QD swivels I already had.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#16]
ESD slings, around $45 dollars, to me best slings out there, only ones i run now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#17]
My go-to inexpensive slings are made in the USA by Kley-Zion.  They are 1.25" to 1.5" wide, non-padded or padded, have a patented fast adjust tab and can be had with US-made QD ends for about $30 on the Botany website.

I've got about 8 of them, some in use, some in a drawer for friends of they need 'em.

Good stuff, worth a look for the price and quality!

Linky!

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#18]
You can get the Magpul RLS Rifleman sling for less than $20
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Simple situation,  I have and like Magpul slings on my two primary AR-15 carbines but I have more guns than I’ll admit that have the simple black nylon slings.  I am curious if anybody has a favorite cheap 2pt QD sling setup that you like?  These are all 16-inch carbines in various calibers.  I also have a few AKs that should get out of the 70s too

I am also trying to do with my three AR-15 pistols as I’ve been debating if they might be OK with a single point sling but I am leaning towards 2-pt to keep everything somewhat similar.  My pistol uppers include 5, 8, 10 and 11.5 inches if that affects your preferences.  

I need a dozen or more slings but I can break them up and do a few guns every couple months to not blow my shooting budget on slings.
View Quote

Caution:  cheap QD hardware can fail.  Found that out the hard way during a BB/APC hike in the winter early last year.  One of the guy's slings failed when the cheaper metal contracted in the cold and it became totally useless (almost dropped the Tavor?) and it had to be carried by hand the rest of the hike.  I think it was a Magpul sling that failed.  I'd stick to the BlueForceGear QD hardware or maybe DD or BCM.. I don't have experience with anything except for BFG.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:04:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I've had good luck with Damage Industries QD hardware.
Never an issue and have a ton of them in use.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My go-to inexpensive slings are made in the USA by Kley-Zion.  They are 1.25" to 1.5" wide, non-padded or padded, have a patented fast adjust tab and can be had with US-made QD ends for about $30 on the Botany website.

I've got about 8 of them, some in use, some in a drawer for friends of they need 'em.

Linky!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222914/SmartSelect_20210506-205909_DuckDuckGo-1932792.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Linky!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222914/SmartSelect_20210506-205909_DuckDuckGo-1932792.jpg

That's crazy cheap considering the cheapest US made QD mounts are around $15.  I wonder if they're really "Made in USA....with global materials"

Quoted:

I didn’t mention, everything has slings.  Either the cheap slings like this or the AK slings that came with the parts kits in the 90s early 2ks.  So, trying to figure out how to modernize a dozen or more guns without going broke.  

I have plenty of the USGI cotton/web slings on my Garands/1903s but O agree they would be a good step up from the cheap nylon on most of my carbines.

When you say "Modernize"  I assume you mean a quick adjust sling, considering that's the big difference from the old school slings.  The cheapest "usable" I've found is the MS1, Around $30, but don't forget, every QD adds another $15.

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:31:00 AM EDT
[#23]
You have to buy hardware, but you can do the Primary Arms padded sling + hardware for around $20 a set if you shop around. Grov-tec is OEM for a lot of companies, but you can get their branded qd swivels for pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:36:34 AM EDT
[#24]
If your okay with non QD I usually go the Edgar Sherman designs sling and then just use paracord to attach it to my rifles.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:19:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I just ordered from Citizen Gear Co. Haven't gotten it yet, but I've only heard great things about them.

I also have been emailing the owner (who is a member on here) and he has been a pleasure to deal with.

https://www.citizengearco.com/
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Linky!

View Quote

Just what I've been looking for. Thanks, order 2.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just ordered from Citizen Gear Co. Haven't gotten it yet, but I've only heard great things about them.

I also have been emailing the owner (who is a member on here) and he has been a pleasure to deal with.

View Quote

I have a couple of his slings and they are my favorite. Well made and very inexpensive
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 1:16:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have a couple of his slings and they are my favorite. Well made and very inexpensive
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

??????
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got one of these and I am impressed. I have a couple Haley's and many Vicker's slings. Has the slider and under $40 with 2 QDs.

Mastermind sling

Their ccw belts are nice too.

Eta: I am going to test it as a SHTF sling next class I take  - whenver that is...
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Primary atms has a 2 point padded sling for 11.99.   You can sometimes catch them on sale for 4.99 or 5.99.   I have 3 of them.    No qd attachments on them but you can add them to them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Patriot Trading / Indian Creek Trading.  Frequently used by SMU face shooters. Cost is roughly $30 plus QD's but only available via fleabay.

Ebay link - style 1
Ebay link - style 2
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
SPECTER GEAR

Sign up for their sales emails, they run a lot of sales. I got one of these a while back for $20.
View Quote

I second Specter.  All you have to do is sign up for emails, and then they rotate their sale but it's pretty continual.  Wait for it come around on the merry-go-round and get your sling from them for $20.

The GI slings from Appleseed or Ammo Garand are tough to beat for the money as well, $16-20 or so.

Citizen Gear Co makes their basic sling for $20-25 or so, and seems decent for the price.

My go-to is the VCAS as well, but I have a few of these other ones and they are all great.  Or get some webbing and DIY simple slings for $5 each (or less).  Depending on where you are, there are plenty of local farm stores and/or sewing stores that sell webbing and buckles for a few bucks.  Two tri-glides and a few feet of webbing would do the trick for a very basic rifle hauler.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Alientacs.  Two point padded.  $16.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I use Vietnam style M16 silent slings with metal keepers. I set them up so I can loop my elbow inside in the offhand position for a hasty sling. These are cheap. basic and work just fine for around $6.00 a pop. Buy them in bulk to save on shipping.

I also use old school leather slings left over from high power tournaments. IMO mothing works better when slung up prone.

I know sling options have come a long ways in the last 40 years, I just don't get too wrapped up about it.

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#37]
I stick with either Ed Sherman or Blue Force gear.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Magpuls MS slings are so heavy and the slider is clunky.  I have a couple and ran them for a while, wanted to ike them but they became my backups.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Condor makes a REALLy good 2 point quick adust sling. Look for it on Amazon. Its up there with the "name brand" guys.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just did the same thing...based on recommendation I saw here on ARFCOM

now the wait.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Gor a box of old M-60 slings for like $6, and yes, I probably paid too much.
But 17 of them were in perfectly good shape.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Caution:  cheap QD hardware can fail.  Found that out the hard way during a BB/APC hike in the winter early last year.  One of the guy's slings failed when the cheaper metal contracted in the cold and it became totally useless (almost dropped the Tavor?) and it had to be carried by hand the rest of the hike.  I think it was a Magpul sling that failed.  I'd stick to the BlueForceGear QD hardware or maybe DD or BCM.. I don't have experience with anything except for BFG.
View Quote

The Tavor uses anodized aluminum sling sockets. That was immensely more likely to be the problem versus the steel sockets Magpul uses.

I won’t even look at slings without QD sockets these days. A $15 sling quickly turns into a $40 sling when you add good hardware.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#43]
I bought this one on Amazon.  It comes with a M-LOK QD mount. Also has capability of converting to single point.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08THBGHQ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:41:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I bought this one on Amazon.  It comes with a M-LOK QD mount. Also has capability of converting to single point.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08THBGHQ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View Quote

This sling/ seller turned out great for me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 2:10:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Magpul RLS is what I put on the spare ARs.  Cheap but still good and reliable.  Works great with the standard stock and gas block loops on a classic style rifle.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#46]
I took a chance and these worked out great. If you buy the 10 pack they are $5 each. They have black, tan, and foliage. Botach even shipped them fast.

Open Box Govt. Contract Overrun Two Point Sling Lot Of 10 Pcs. Black

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top