Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2020 8:15:07 PM EDT
Howdy,

Been wanting a 733 style upper for a long time. My question is are there any decent pre-built uppers that fit the bill or should I just build?

TNTE has one that looks good. I've never used anything from them before though, so I am not sure of their quality.

Anyone got any leads or should I just build one out? I reckon building one will come to about the same price.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Beware of TNTE. Do you want authentic or clone?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Howdy,

Been wanting a 733 style upper for a long time. My question is are there any decent pre-built uppers that fit the bill or should I just build?

TNTE has one that looks good. I've never used anything from them before though, so I am not sure of their quality.

Anyone got any leads or should I just build one out? I reckon building one will come to about the same price.

Thanks!
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Why beware? Seeing conflicting reviews of TNTE everywhere.

If I could find a legit Colt 733 upper for a good price I would get it. Even if I could find something with a longer barrel length/correct type upper, have it sent off to John Thomas to cut down. I'd love a real Colt upper, couldn't really find anything out there though, unfortunately.

Otherwise a clone is fine.

Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, priced out parts to build on Brownells and it's about $20-30 less than TNTE, sans handguards. At that point I'd rather just buy prebuilt.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#4]
TNTE will charge your card the minute you give them the number and then after 90 days you will be tired of waiting and only be offered store credit and not be able to do a chargeback.Meanwhile having passed on what you really wanted.Do you want the A1 version or the A2?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a LE6933CK that I swapped out the flattop receiver for a C7.

That was before I found an NOS Colt 733 upper though.

Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TNTE will charge your card the minute you give them the number and then after 90 days you will be tired of waiting and only be offered store credit and not be able to do a chargeback.Meanwhile having passed on what you really wanted.Do you want the A1 version or the A2?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah screw that. Why wouldn't you be able to do a charge back? I've never had an issue doing one before if I needed to.

Definitely want an A1 C7 upper.

Quoted:
I had a LE6933CK that I swapped out the flattop receiver for a C7.

That was before I found an NOS Colt 733 upper though.

https://i.ibb.co/mJTMsr4/IMG-2508.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/mC42zmW/IMG-2619.jpg
Man that's a great looking gun! Just what I'm going for.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
If I were doing another I would find a Colt C7 upper,go from there.I think most of the new C7s on the market are all the same,DPMS I think?Hard to find for a long while until recent production runs.Thats what I waited on TNTE for,for so long. You could send out a Colt Lightweight barrel for cut and thread,available from Bs. Don't know about the gas port,but Im sure JT could advise you on that(size). The rest is gravy and just some money.Double Star makes a lightweight 11.5 I think as well as Spikes,and I think DD does too. DS has the sight tower already installed,but it might be a gray color. Spikes and DD (both good barrels) Im not sure if they have the front sight installed. That being said,its going to be for short work,IMO its really hard to be accurate with carbine sight radius and short barrels.733 is bad fucking ass though regardless of accuracy.EDIT: and you wont be able to do a charge back due to the 90 days OR MUCH MORE that you will wait for TNTE to do their job.If anyone knows better,please correct my ramblings.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Appreciate the insight! I may go the build route, but if I do go TNTE and they don't ship in the alloted time (says 15 days on their site) then ill hit em with a charge back.

Shame that's the only premade 733 upper out there.

As for sight radius, barrel length and such, I only need it for short distances anyhow, so no worries.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Check this one out: Green Mountain M64. GM barrels are shooters. Don't know about the profile in front of the FSB,looks like it may have a step?
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:41:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I built mine with a Colt 11.5” pencil profile barrel with M4 feedramps.  I used a Windham Weaponry C7 receiver also with M4 feedramps.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top