Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2023 8:31:51 PM EDT
Looks like I'll be needing an adjustable gas block for my Aero M5 16" .308 build due to over-gassing.

Which is the best for money?

I was looking at the seekins low profile. Any other suggestions? Is it worth the extra $20 for the superlative arms one?

Rifle will mostly be used for target shooting with M80, however will be run suppressed and maybe used for hunting with heavier loads very un-frequently.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I would just pony up the extra funds for the Rifle Speed Adjustable Gas Block. Everything else looks like a gimmick compared to this one. Super robust, easy to clean, can't ever see one really wearing out or ever seizing up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would just pony up the extra funds for the Rifle Speed Adjustable Gas Block. Everything else looks like a gimmick compared to this one. Super robust, easy to clean, can't ever see one really wearing out or ever seizing up.
View Quote

Only comes in lightweight .750 for AR10

I vote Superlative Arms for over .750 standard barrels.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Aero Precision from Bexar Arms for a great price. Comes with extra detent spring and ball plus extended allen wrench for each adjustment from front.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I like SLR adjustable blocks for my suppressed SBRs in 5.56 and 300 BLK.  I only shoot them suppressed.  SLR sells/has rebuild kits should the spring or other small parts break (I've broken a bunch of gas blocks over the years - the heat kills them eventually).

For a gun that it going to go back and forth between suppressed and unsppressed, I'd get the Rifle Speed.  I have one on a 308, but I just finished building it last week and only have a few rounds through it - can't really say much about it yet, other than I think it is built well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
JP ball detent
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve got Aero and Superlative AGBs, haven’t had any problems with either.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Superlative arms here on a 6.5cm that runs suppressed and unsuppressed like a champ.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like SLR adjustable blocks for my suppressed SBRs in 5.56 and 300 BLK.  I only shoot them suppressed.  SLR sells/has rebuild kits should the spring or other small parts break (I've broken a bunch of gas blocks over the years - the heat kills them eventually).

For a gun that it going to go back and forth between suppressed and unsppressed, I'd get the Rifle Speed.  I have one on a 308, but I just finished building it last week and only have a few rounds through it - can't really say much about it yet, other than I think it is built well.
View Quote

Yeah, I’ll never recommend a SLR adjustable gas block. I had so many issues with them shooting suppressed. I was going through rebuild kits like crazy. They sent a couple to me hoping it would solve my issues, but never did. every couple hundred rounds or so the leafspring would bend outwards causing the adjustment screw to back out. There was a thread on this I started a few years back. I was not the only one with this issue, I think it’s an inherent flaw in the design. gas flows past the adjustment screw, lifting the detent up and bending the spring. I shoot a lot though high volume.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow - I've never seen that.  I've got two SLR gas blocks and many thousands of rounds through them without a problem with exception of one broken spring (and the gas block still worked).
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone know if the Aero agb is their own design or is it someone else’s design with their name on it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I run a JP Enterprises AGB on my AR .308.  I have the 0.875 block as that was the size necessary for my Rainier Arms Ultra Match barrel.  JP makes the same block in 0.750 as well.
It is lower profile than many GB's so fit well under handguards.

JP Enterprises Adjustable Clamp On Gas Block AR-15, LR-308 0.875" Inside Diameter Low Profile Stainless Steel Black

JP Enterprises Adjustable Clamp On Gas Block AR-15, LR-308 0.750" Inside Diameter Low Profile Stainless Steel Black
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wow - I've never seen that.  I've got two SLR gas blocks and many thousands of rounds through them without a problem with exception of one broken spring (and the gas block still worked).
View Quote

Yeah if you’re just slow firing at the range or plinking, I doubt you’ll ever see an issue. When I go to the range it’s a 6-8hour day of running drills. As I said I think it’s a inherent design flaw. I now look for adjustable gas blocks that have no internal(in the gas area) springs/detents. I want to micro MOA in my fighting rifles, as a sidenote, God, I wish he still made those. But having had my hands on a rifle speed gas block, it looks to be a extremely solid design I’d have no issues using it on a fighting rifle. I have one on my SFAR.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I run aero agb, and riflespeed. Superlative isna joke, slr is horrid. Id run only riflespeed, except they do not make one for one of my rifles, and when i asked if they would ever, they ignored me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I run aero agb, and riflespeed. Superlative isna joke, slr is horrid. Id run only riflespeed, except they do not make one for one of my rifles, and when i asked if they would ever, they ignored me.
View Quote

Tell me more about Superlative
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top