Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2018 12:19:44 PM EDT
So I see a few thread on the best LPK, but most of them seems to include a Trigger + Grip, and some of them includes a grip just without the trigger.

What I am hoping to find the best LPK that has no MIM parts, and only milspec (cast) or better (forged? milled?) small parts? Which does not need much fitting to get into the lower.

I had a set of PSA LPK ( that I did not expect much out of), that needed a lot of TLC to get say the bolt catch pin in. My default if no one else has any ideas would be CMMG gun builder's kit, which was okay but still not exactly smooth sailing.

So who has the best LPK that does not include much extras (or if it has a grip, be still fairly cheap IE lower than 40 dollars for sale), that is milspec at least (no MIM), and have good fitment?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells.  One of the big names appears to make the kit, the little baggies the parts are split up into are the same colors.  That can't be a coincidence.

Some brands of kits are missing the grip screw.

Optics Planet carries an assortment of these kits.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have my eye on the right to bear customizable kit...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been going with the Geissele and SOLGW blaster guts lower parts kits lately. Seem fine to me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
SOLGW and Sionics have been really good for me. The right to bear customizable kit looks good
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SOLGW and Sionics have been really good for me. The right to bear customizable kit looks good
View Quote
I second this answer, I know this is kind of not what you're looking at but I also love the Spike's Tactical Enhanced Lower Parts Kit as well, the trigger is a major improvement over the standard Mil-Spec Trigger FWIW, but I'm looking at the same predicament again and I am looking for something like minded Have too many triggers lying around and spare grips!
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Brownells.  One of the big names appears to make the kit, the little baggies the parts are split up into are the same colors.  That can't be a coincidence.

Some brands of kits are missing the grip screw.

Optics Planet carries an assortment of these kits.
View Quote
Well, who is it?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Methinks you may very much enjoy this for $50 (and I didn’t see anyone else recommend it):

Strike Industries Enhanced Lower Parts Kit sans Trigger group for $50.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Stag is my favorite
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]
CMMG Gun Builders LPK.  High quality.  No grip, no trigger parts no trigger guard, but everything else.  What you need less what you usually replace.

Under $40 most vendors.  I've seen it as low as $32.

https://www.cmmginc.com/product/lower-parts-kit-ar15-gun-builders-kit/
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Arms Unlimited sells this for $50: (currently OOS)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20181207-134251-763996.png

I've yet to have an issue with Colt lower components.

Shark Armory has the Colt lpks for $55, no safety selector included.
View Quote
I continuously have a notification set up with AU for whenever they get those Colt LPKs back in stock, but it’s been a while now. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t get anymore, based on the reports that Colt is no longer going to offer lowers or parts separately. It’s a bummer, because I think those Colt LPKs are excellent and well worth the $50.

Good to know about the Shark kits not having a safety, but I think I have a few extras from projects that used other brands of selectors (KAC and Noveske).
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been pleased with these Aero Precision LPK minus trigger, trigger guard, and grip.  For $19 - all day long!

https://www.schuylerarmsco.com/winter-sale/ar-15-lpkslower-build-kits-993/ar15-lower-parts-kit-minus-fcgtrigger-guardpistol-grip-993746
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Strike industries off of joe bobs, is the best i have found.Most of the time, the kits run about $45.00.I have built using alot of LPK's,. But i honestly believe strike stuff is the best.There are alot of little things you will notice when doing a build.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Strike industries off of joe bobs, is the best i have found.Most of the time, the kits run about $45.00.I have built using alot of LPK's,. But i honestly believe strike stuff is the best.There are alot of little things you will notice when doing a build.
View Quote
Like what? What would we notice?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Like what? What would we notice?
View Quote
Fitment of pins
Pin hole placement
Etc
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:15:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Isnt strike ind stuff made in taiwan?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:44:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've been pleased with these Aero Precision LPK minus trigger, trigger guard, and grip.  For $19 - all day long!

https://www.schuylerarmsco.com/winter-sale/ar-15-lpkslower-build-kits-993/ar15-lower-parts-kit-minus-fcgtrigger-guardpistol-grip-993746
View Quote
Or armorally
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Beware of Joe Bobs, kits have a funky safety selector, 3 pieces to it and it's not ambi or convertible to ambi, WTF?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Red Barn Armory build your own LPK. Everything you want, nothing you don't.

https://www.redbarnarmory.com/Build-Your-Own-Custom-AR15-Lower-Parts-Kit-LPK-p/rbacustomar15lpk.htm
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:54:34 AM EDT
[#21]
What about Sons of Liberty blaster kit? Comes with what appears to be Schmidt and KNS parts along with sprinco springs.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:00:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Armalite makes a great LPK that meets all your criteria, $49.95
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What about Sons of Liberty blaster kit? Comes with what appears to be Schmidt and KNS parts along with sprinco springs.
View Quote
It is a good kit.  High quality parts and not to expensive.  Primary Arms has them now and they have been on sale their recently.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Sweet thanks all, I will look into the Brownells and the Geissele kits.

The CMMG kits don't fit as well as I hoped from the one I had from before. And I don't really want any enhanced trigger since I am going to drop a Geissele SDC into this lower (I tend to stick either with just w/e for my beaters or use Geissele for 2 stage or drop in for single stage)
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#25]
SOLGW kit for my past 2 builds. They work great
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I’ve had great luck with JP kits, and the Geissele kits. The JP kits come with finer lines on the bolt release. I purchased one CMMG kit when it was on sale. The safety selector detent was oversized and didn’t fit in the receiver. Probably an anomaly, but turned me off them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Methinks you may very much enjoy this for $50 (and I didn’t see anyone else recommend it):

Strike Industries Enhanced Lower Parts Kit sans Trigger group for $50.
View Quote
Have bought. Will buy again. I like the bolt catch and pivot/take-down pin set. The safety is abi-compatible and 60° throw. The safety selector is almost sharp, but maybe my hands are soft. Probably great with gloves on. Everything went together without a hitch. Lot of features for the price.

I have also bought the Joe Bob's house LPK (no trigger group) for $28 and seems to work fine. Not enough rounds through that gun to comment on durability, only that everything fit fine.

Have a Stag black friday LPK (no trigger group) on order for $20. Stag seems to get a lot of praise. I wonder if the black friday LPK is of differing quality compared to the LPK that everyone seems to like. I'm expecting it to fit just as well as the Joe Bob's basic kit and Strike Ind. kit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Stag kits from Black Friday are very different this year than last year-definitely a new supplier.

This year the parts are all sorted into colored bags...I am pretty sure there are a few others that do this.  Also, this year the parts are grey colored vs the black from last year.  Again, all of the parts are distinctly different so it is a different supplier for sure.

Not saying that is bad, just not what I expected when I purchased them two years in a row,
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1

They may or may not be made in taiwan but many of the Strike Industries parts I've used simply and consistently fit and work well.  Often better than some of the other name brands I've used.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Bought a couple of less-FCG kits from White Oak; they’ve been quality. No idea who makes them but they’ve been nice.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:59:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bought a couple of less-FCG kits from White Oak; they’ve been quality. No idea who makes them but they’ve been nice.
View Quote
I was just going to post WOA. They'll run about $47. Spikes is also nice if you can find them on sale.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:48:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Geissele is what I use.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:54:15 AM EDT
[#33]
No FCG kit from Aero Precision is a steal at $20 a pop. Add BCM PNT Trigger and Magpul grip and you're GTG
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:27:26 PM EDT
[#34]
The best? @theholylancer

Forward Controls is what you seek

Those dudes have some clean stuff, well thought out, and don't hide the details. Plus they love doing machined from solid parts when they can.

Be very careful on their site. You'll end up buying a bunch of things you really needed but didn't know you needed until you explored their wares.

S/F
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The best? @theholylancer

Forward Controls is what you seek

Those dudes have some clean stuff, well thought out, and don't hide the details. Plus they love doing machined from solid parts when they can.

Be very careful on their site. You'll end up buying a bunch of things you really needed but didn't know you needed until you explored their wares.

S/F
View Quote
Their site really caught my attention. I was just gonna stock up on COLT small parts, but I’m intrigued by these particular LPKs. How much better can these be than Colt parts? Not much, probably, but the parts sure do look puuurdy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Their site really caught my attention. I was just gonna stock up on COLT small parts, but I’m intrigued by these particular LPKs. How much better can these be than Colt parts? Not much, probably, but the parts sure do look puuurdy.
View Quote
I rate them as incrementally better to much better depending on the part. Like I said, lots of parts cut from solid, lots of 17-4 stainless, they don't use cheapo springs, etc.

S/F
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#37]
My vote goes to sons of liberty blaster starter kit. $40, got it on sale for $25 on primary arms.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:12:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I rate them as incrementally better to much better depending on the part. Like I said, lots of parts cut from solid, lots of 17-4 stainless, they don't use cheapo springs, etc.

S/F
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

S/F
They do seem like very high quality parts. I am very tempted to buy an LPK.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Another vote for Forward Controls. Roger makes damn good stuff. I have a ton of his products on multiple rifles, lpk included.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#40]
I have never noticed a difference in any lower parts kit minus trigger in function. They are all the same to me. CMMG, Bushmaster, Colt, DPMS, LWRC, BCM, etc. Sometimes I have had random too fat/not tapered enough roll pins, random gold coated or not selector detent or take down detent, random sharp or dull selector detents, different selector channel widths, but the next batch by same mfg. had no issues and I have spares of small stuff I can swap if one part does not fit well. I noticed Colt had more test markings. Other than that, none failed ever, none failed to install or function ever, and the same manufacturer appeared to get small parts from different sources at different times because none have been consistent.

The only true poor standard parts I have found that gave me issues were gas blocks, gas tube roll pins, triggers, bolts, barrels, reciever extensions, and bolt carriers.

These lower parts kits are the parts I buy based on price only, or I buy V7 parts for high end builds. Triggers, barrels, furniture, etc. matter but small parts really dont IMO. Im sure somone will show me a bent selector or sheared bolt catch now so I will wait for that post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top