Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2021 10:30:48 PM EDT
I'm looking for a new soft case for my AR's.  Curious what people recommend.  I've had Haley Strategic and Condor bags in the past...all worked fine...but curious what else might be out there I haven't considered.

Anyone try the Vulcan waterproof bag?

Thanks in advance for the recommendations.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If soft case is the question, Sert TCC is usually the answer
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the Tactical Tailor Covert Carry Case Single bag. Comes in 36" or 44"

I also have LAPG's rifle bags as well - very well made at a fraction of the cost.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m currently using a Condor Javelin case.. it’s solid and discrete
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If soft case is the question, Sert TCC is usually the answer
View Quote

I agree.
I ordered a SERT case several months ago.
Was so impressed I ordered a couple more.
High quality and well designed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree.
View Quote

@SnidelyWhiplash

Which model did you go with?  Does it have a good amount of padding on the sides and ends?  My biggest complaint with my Haley Strategic Incog bag is the lack of padding.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@SnidelyWhiplash

Which model did you go with?  Does it have a good amount of padding on the sides and ends?  My biggest complaint with my Haley Strategic Incog bag is the lack of padding.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

@SnidelyWhiplash

Your rifle isn’t as fragile as you think it is.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Your rifle isn’t as fragile as you think it is.
View Quote

Not a value added comment, but thanks any way.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#10]
SERT

Had them like forever.
Lots of padding, it is removable.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@SnidelyWhiplash

View Quote

I have the 36" TCC, Tactical Carbine Rifle Case and the 28" TDC, TakeDown Case. As soon as they get black in stock I’ll be ordering the 42" TCC, Tactical Carbine Rifle Case.

The cases are on sale now. I paid full price and I don’t regret it a bit. Over the last six months I’ve spent more on firearm related purchases than I would ever admit to my wife and the SERT cases are the purchases that I look at and think “I’m glad I spent the extra for that case.  It was worth every penny.” . They have every feature I wanted and a few that I didn't know I wanted until the cases arrived.

I use the 36” case for my suppressed AR pistol and the 28” case for a CMMG Banshee .45 caliber. These cases are made from very durable canvas type material and have heavy duty zippers. I wanted cases that I could put my weapons into with a magazine inserted / tall optics and have relatively quick access to in a vehicle. These cases are also very discrete - nobody even takes notice to them when I bring them into a hotel with a suitcase.

The padding is adequate. The padding is lined with plastic inserts on both sides on each side of the case. I feel my weapons are very well protected in these cases.

I don’t want to sound like a commercial and I have no affiliation with SERT, just extremely happy with these cases. I’d never buy any other brand of soft case, and with the quality of these I probably will never have to.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Edwin’s picture makes my point. My AR has an Aimpoint CompM5 on a Unity Fast mount and from the top of the optic to the bottom of an inserted 30 round PMag it’s just at 12 inches. The SERT case fits my AR pistol perfect so I can take it with me in the car and have it loaded and, if needed, be ready to deploy right quick.

When I bought my first one I called and the owner (Tom I think was his name) answered the phone and answered a couple questions I had. Nice guy.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#13]
SERT looks nice, kinda spendy though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Search YouTube for

“SERT TCC (Tactical Carbine/Rifle Case), Gen 5”

and you can see the owner give an overview of the case.

If my link works it is here:

https://youtu.be/Ea9Eu_uWvSs
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Really like the GGP one.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Here is a photo of the accessory compartment outfitted with some pouches.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Couple more quick SERT snaps.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Check out Boyt Harness, waxed canvas V nylon that's used in most cases. I have a Boyt case that is almost 80 years old and it is still GTG.

Boyt AR Case
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I buy cheap cases simply because they work. VISM cases from OpticsPlanet are $35.00 +/- and at that price I can buy several in case a zipper breaks.

If I were going to being flying I would purchase a premium hard case. For the back of my truck soft cases work great.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:06:32 AM EDT
[#23]

I've looked pretty hard at this case for the last year. It is spendy, but I don't doubt it is quality and it fits perfectly inside a hardcase. I would like one that fits snug enough to not slide around.

Before I pull the trigger on it, does anyone know of any other good soft cases that fit nicely inside a hardcase (preferably a Pelican)?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've looked pretty hard at this case for the last year. It is spendy, but I don't doubt it is quality and it fits perfectly inside a hardcase. I would like one that fits snug enough to not slide around.

Before I pull the trigger on it, does anyone know of any other good soft cases that fit nicely inside a hardcase (preferably a Pelican)?
View Quote

The Sert TCC is designed to be used inside a Pelican case.

From the descriptions on the Sert site:

“This 42" case is designed to fit into a Pelican 1720 and Storm iM3200 case.”

“This 36" case is designed to fit into a Pelican's Storm iM3100 case. It will NOT fit into Pelican's 1700 case because the 36" TCC has been lengthen by 1" to accommodate the many requests we get for this.. Our case dimension is 37"

“This 46" case is designed to fit into a Pelican 1750 or Storm iM3300 case.”

Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I buy cheap cases simply because they work. VISM cases from OpticsPlanet are $35.00 +/- and at that price I can buy several in case a zipper breaks.

If I were going to being flying I would purchase a premium hard case. For the back of my truck soft cases work great.
View Quote

I'm with ya.  I just got their discreet rifle case and it is a great value.  Fits my 20" DMR upper perfectly.  Seems well made, but time will tell how it holds up.  For the money it is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
SERT

Had them like forever.
Lots of padding, it is removable.

https://i.imgur.com/kkr2gxp.jpg
View Quote

Think of SERT as the armored car of cases....there is not a better case made and I have owned a lot of them.  I would take a SERT over one of the old American made Eagle Industries from 10-15 years ago.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#27]
I have the Vanquest Rackit case. I has an accessory compartment that you put a pistol or magazine holders inside.

https://www.vanquest.com/rackit-36-gen-2-covert-rifle-pack/

https://www.vanquest.com/firearm-cases/
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top