Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2018 9:50:42 PM EDT
Which muzzle brakes for a 9mm carbine work best?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
9mm doesn't need a break, the best break is a can or i had the yhm phantom device before my can cleared
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I use this more as a thread protector than expect it to really ehance the performance of my carbine:

Lone Wolf Muzzle Break
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Which muzzle brakes for a 9mm carbine work best?  Thanks.
View Quote
OP... could you go to google, bing, and youtube and then find all the 9mm brake/comp tests.

Gather up all the links from forums, web pages, tests and videos....and then post all the results here for us, including the top 10 best ones.

Thanks !!

_
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#4]
A standard A2 works best, not enough gas to utilize a compensator or brake effectively
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#5]
9mm carbine recoil is a product of the massive bolt not the actual round leaving the muzzle. Comp will do little.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
9mm carbine recoil is a product of the massive bolt not the actual round leaving the muzzle. Comp will do little.
View Quote
^This .
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#8]
if you are going to shoot a USPSA PCC division type carbine, then yes, a good comp can be tuned to help control the movement of the dot... at the level at which the PCC division has evolved, and the increase of the young go fast guy and gals, any decrease in scope movement is helpful.... I've noticed considerable decrease in scope shake when used with a hydraulic recoil system... as well as those on locked breech carbines... most of the time ,though, finding an efficient comp in  1/2 x36 will take some time... most of the go fast guys locally are shooting 95grain bullets which really helps... problem is that the 95s don't have much of an ogive, are short and squat, and need to be loaded very short ( under 1.1") or they stick in the leade area.... a jacketed hollow point 95 would be ideal as the front loading of the lead in the jacket would produce a fully enclosed base to help prevent leading..

I am shooting a Miculek style 9mm comp from McDonald Precision Components, but am not sure if they still make that model... good luck
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't waste money on a 9mm comp....
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:34:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I put a KAK on just for a thread protector:
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#11]
A2 style bird cage 'cause the bare threads look goofy and the thread protector cost $2 more than the A2 style bird cage :)
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you are going to shoot a USPSA PCC division type carbine, then yes, a good comp can be tuned to help control the movement of the dot... at the level at which the PCC division has evolved, and the increase of the young go fast guy and gals, any decrease in scope movement is helpful.... I've noticed considerable decrease in scope shake when used with a hydraulic recoil system... as well as those on locked breech carbines... most of the time ,though, finding an efficient comp in  1/2 x36 will take some time... most of the go fast guys locally are shooting 95grain bullets which really helps... problem is that the 95s don't have much of an ogive, are short and squat, and need to be loaded very short ( under 1.1") or they stick in the leade area.... a jacketed hollow point 95 would be ideal as the front loading of the lead in the jacket would produce a fully enclosed base to help prevent leading..

I am shooting a Miculek style 9mm comp from McDonald Precision Components, but am not sure if they still make that model... good luck
View Quote
What he said.  I was using a JCB Solutions Trident.  Worked well; <$50.  I just switched to a CODA Evolution Fury comp.  I’m blown away.  It took the already little dot movement and reduced it to near zero.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I use a KAK flash can.
Mostly just to clear the hand guard.

Dave N
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#15]
The KVP XL linear comp really is "extra large", but it will significantly reduce the sound pressure felt by the shooter.

How Much Quieter Is A Linear Compensator?
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I use SDTA, but only because it fits my SDTA can.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top