Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/27/2021 11:35:19 AM EDT
I'm thinking of building or buying a 9mm upper to mate with a standard AR15 lower on a non-permanent basis . I already have a good supply of both Beretta 92 and
Glock 17/ 19 mags. AND I'm in Kalifukya. Up in the pinned FAQ/ PCC info., its mentioned that Glock mags do not feed as well as Beretta mags.
I don't know if that is true or old wife's tale.

I had originally planned on using the Sylvan magwell adapter for Glock mags but now I am a bit hesitant with that choice. However, I can't
seem to find any adapters that take Beretta mags. Any help here would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#1]
https://getstern.com/mag-adb92/

my stern adapter wasn't inexpensive but it is well made and well designed, plus has a good LRBHO.

(i have no affiliation with this company)
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Sylvan. No built in feed ramp so its consistency is dependent on the barrel feed cone. My FM9 would choke on some hollow points using it.

Now I have the Stern with build in feed ramp. It feeds anything with no changes to the feed cone.

Gonna cost you 70-80 bucks more than lesser Glock conversion blocks but it will make a Glock fed AR9 with less than ideal geometry feed reliably and give you reliable LRBHO. I wish I’d bought it first.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 1:47:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a Sylvan. No built in feed ramp so its consistency is dependent on the barrel feed cone. My FM9 would choke on some hollow points using it.

Now I have the Stern with build in feed ramp. It feeds anything with no changes to the feed cone.

Gonna cost you 70-80 bucks more than lesser Glock conversion blocks but it will make a Glock fed AR9 with less than ideal geometry feed reliably and give you reliable LRBHO. I wish I’d bought it first.
View Quote

So far, both replies are pointing me toward the Stern adapter. I hadn't realized the Sylvan lacked the LRBHO feature so that makes points with me too.

Now,I just need to decide whether to get the Stern adapter for Glock or Beretta mags....I have a bunch of both. Price difference is close enough.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now,I just need to decide whether to get the Stern adapter for Glock or Beretta mags....I have a bunch of both. Price difference is close enough.
View Quote

Go Glock…

I was in the same boat, having a Brigadier and matching CX4. But if you ever decide to sell or repurpose the lower to 5.56mm… Glock stuff sells.

And Glock has sort of become one of the 9mm standards. Beretta has surplus, but that’s about it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top