Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2021 1:00:32 PM EDT
Lot of Battery Questions I know and I appreciate any help you can give in answering one or all of them.  

Does anyone know of any 18650 3500mAh or 18350mAh batteries that are made in the USA? If so, what brand offers this domestic option?

Also, I understand that Duracell and Energizer manufacture batteries at a number of locations within the USA. Do they manufacture their CR123A batteries at any of those U.S. factories?

Which U.S. company makes the most consistent to spec CR2032 battery with the least amount of deviation between batteries?

Surefire has their own CR123A batteries made in the USA, do we know the OEM for those and what makes their spec better than Duracell or Energizer's specifications?

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Seen it in a couple threads. Everyone saying that Surefire OEM is Panasonic.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Panasonic makes most of the CR123A batteries that are "Made in America".
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Double Tap.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.

I'm leaning toward going with Surefire over Modlight only due to the batteries. I know the Modlights are manufactured in the USA, but it appears their batteries are made overseas.  Plus, I kind of like the idea of going with as few batteries as possible to have to carry around.  I already have to carry both CR123A and AA batteries with also CR2032 batteries, having to add another battery to the logistics train seems like a lot for what is a marginal advantage.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:03:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys.

I'm leaning toward going with Surefire over Modlight only due to the batteries. I know the Modlights are manufactured in the USA, but it appears their batteries are made overseas.  Plus, I kind of like the idea of going with as few batteries as possible to have to carry around.  I already have to carry both CR123A and AA batteries with also CR2032 batteries, having to add another battery to the logistics train seems like a lot for what is a marginal advantage.

View Quote

The output on the Modlight is going to be substantially better.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#6]
The best (only?) 18350's come from China.
The best 18650's come from Korea and Japan.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#7]
There's also a significantly higher output from a 18650 battery and a longer run time. Not to mention that one of the biggest benefits of a 18650 is that you know it can be fully charged any time you need it. I don't miss CR123 at all and gave away dozens when I got rid of those lights.

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:30:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys.

View Quote

I find it easier to just buy from reputable companies with good warranty support.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top