Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2020 6:55:44 PM EDT
Finally going to build my 16" 308 carbine on the AP M5 platform.  I picked up a 12" DD 7.62 Lite Rail a few years ago, but didn't pay attention to the wrench needed.  From googling it seems that there was a specific 7.62 version, but so far no luck finding it in stock.  What will work on the barrel nut?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Classified Defense sells an upgraded version of this wrench on their website for $40. You can thank me later.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Classified Defense sells an upgraded version of this wrench on their website for $40. You can thank me later.
View Quote
AWESOME!  Many thanks 13F!  I just ordered one.  Looks better than the pics of the original DD tool
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:06:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Had the same problem awhile back.  Just E-mailed DD CS and they sent me one for free. Even got some stickers. DD has been good to me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Had the same problem awhile back.  Just E-mailed DD CS and they sent me one for free. Even got some stickers. DD has been good to me.
View Quote
You have got to be kidding me?  I emailed them as soon as I figured out that it took a special wrench and here is what I got in return:

Good afternoon NNTTG,[color=#ff0000]

Thank you for contacting Daniel Defense. Unfortunately that rail is no longer manufactured and we do not have any of the wrenches in stock.  The below email is for Al Saldi.  He makes a really nice 7.62 Lite Rail Barrel Nut Wrench.  Al said that you could email him as he is  having issues with his payment module on his website.

[email protected]

https://classified-defense.com/shop/ols/products/barrel-nut-wrench-for-762-lite-barrel-nut

Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at 866-554-GUNS Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm EST.  Have a good day![/color]

Ironically, my CD wrench came in the mail yesterday and fits (very snug, but I just took a moment to test it. will play with it over the weekend, but there is a specific pattern to how it fits).

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Nuke, DD hasn’t had any 7.62 wrenches/ spare parts for some time now. I have both the DD and CD wrenches and the CD wrench is far superior. You won’t be able to get any more support for that rail, but still a great rail that should last as long as any other, I have 4 of them!
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nuke, DD hasn’t had any 7.62 wrenches/ spare parts for some time now. I have both the DD and CD wrenches and the CD wrench is far superior. You won’t be able to get any more support for that rail, but still a great rail that should last as long as any other, I have 4 of them!
View Quote

I was able to get a 7.62 backup plate a couple months ago.

Picked up a NIB Armalite rail and it had the A-15 sized plate all packaged up beautifully instead of the correct one.

I got the last one they had!
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nuke, DD hasn't had any 7.62 wrenches/ spare parts for some time now. I have both the DD and CD wrenches and the CD wrench is far superior. You won't be able to get any more support for that rail, but still a great rail that should last as long as any other, I have 4 of them!
View Quote
Yep, thats what they told me and I searched all over, so the other poster was damn lucky.  CD wrench came in the mail yesterday and its great.  Many thanks again 13.  and FYI, I bought the rail "used" from Palmetto a few years ago when I stumbled across it looking for rails, but when I opened the box, all of the bolts/wrench for the bolts were still in their bag.  Rail was in NIB condition so I lucked out.  But no install instructions so I never thought about the barrel nut being different.  all good now!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Finally have the rail fully installed.  Looks great, now I need to work on lower and getting a few other parts to finish rifle.  I'll post a pic shortly.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top