Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2020 8:55:04 PM EDT
Any value to these mags compared to current production versions? I have 5-6 Okay brand ban era (Assault Weapons Ban) magazines marked 'For law enforcement use only'. I think I have a few pre-ban mags as well. What about those? Could our brothers in less free states use them?

Thanks for your insight.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre ban, yes, those could definitely help some out.

Restricted, no extra value.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally,  the mere sight of the ones I have accumulated piss me off.

Similar to seeing a Biden sign...
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personally,  the mere sight of the ones I have accumulated piss me off.

Similar to seeing a Biden sign...
View Quote

Same.  

I owned a few Colts with the RESTRICTED rollmark.  

Couldn’t live with it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there any reason for them to sell for a premium? No. Do they though? Yup. I have seen hundreds sell for 12-15ea, used, over the past year. They sell for more than regular post bans, even if they shouldn’t.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I have seen various retailers who shall remain nameless selling LEO mags for a premium, mostly HK stuff but some regular AR etc. too.  I personally dont want anything marked "LEO" -  all we need is another stupid ban with grandfathering and you have a mess.  The only one I have is a beta C-Mag that the serial numbers check out as pre-ban but someone replaced the rear with a LEO marked backing and of course beta changed the retaining plate design so I cant just buy a brand new one and swap it out - it was given to me so I keep it and feeds standard ARs, .300 BLK and even my galil with an adapter flawlessly so its a range beater.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:24:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't think there's any extra value for restricted marked magazines.  Don't get rid of them due to the markings.  My Colt 6920 & Colt 9mm came with "restricted" marked mags NIB, don't really care.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Had a member here trade me like new mags for some somewhat rough preban mags.  

I'm still trying to find the others that I know are stashed somewhere in my house.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top