Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 11/28/2020 7:55:04 PM EST
Any value to these mags compared to current production versions? I have 5-6 Okay brand ban era (Assault Weapons Ban) magazines marked 'For law enforcement use only'. I think I have a few pre-ban mags as well. What about those? Could our brothers in less free states use them?

Thanks for your insight.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:21:03 PM EST
Nope.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:23:04 PM EST
Pre ban, yes, those could definitely help some out.

Restricted, no extra value.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:39:23 PM EST
Personally,  the mere sight of the ones I have accumulated piss me off.

Similar to seeing a Biden sign...
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:57:33 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:
Personally,  the mere sight of the ones I have accumulated piss me off.

Similar to seeing a Biden sign...
View Quote

Same.  

I owned a few Colts with the RESTRICTED rollmark.  

Couldn’t live with it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:19:23 PM EST
Is there any reason for them to sell for a premium? No. Do they though? Yup. I have seen hundreds sell for 12-15ea, used, over the past year. They sell for more than regular post bans, even if they shouldn’t.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:18:39 PM EST
I have seen various retailers who shall remain nameless selling LEO mags for a premium, mostly HK stuff but some regular AR etc. too.  I personally dont want anything marked "LEO" -  all we need is another stupid ban with grandfathering and you have a mess.  The only one I have is a beta C-Mag that the serial numbers check out as pre-ban but someone replaced the rear with a LEO marked backing and of course beta changed the retaining plate design so I cant just buy a brand new one and swap it out - it was given to me so I keep it and feeds standard ARs, .300 BLK and even my galil with an adapter flawlessly so its a range beater.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:24:04 AM EST
I wouldn't think there's any extra value for restricted marked magazines.  Don't get rid of them due to the markings.  My Colt 6920 & Colt 9mm came with "restricted" marked mags NIB, don't really care.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:33:39 AM EST
Had a member here trade me like new mags for some somewhat rough preban mags.  

I'm still trying to find the others that I know are stashed somewhere in my house.
Top Top