Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2018 11:50:47 AM EDT
Primary arms recommended I purchase a ballistics app from Strelok Pro for $12.  They said the 300 blackout ACSS reticle and related ballistics will enable me to effectively dial in my loads for both sub and supers, etc.  I’ve never used a ballistics table and frankly, don’t really do much long distance shooting but for 12$, I wouldn’t be opposed to getting it but honestly, I don’t understand enough about such apps to even know how it might help me.  While only $12, I don’t want to get it and think it was a total waste.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The app I used in the past worked well for my .308 as well as my 5.56. The graphics make you realize that a projectile drops WAY more than you would think by sighting in at different ranges. It is well worth 20.00 dollars, mush less 12.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
All adaptive reticle scopes (PA's, Nikon's, etc.) benefit from a good ballistic app that lets you correct for the actual bullet flight path.  Instead of developing their own, Primary Arms pointed you to an app that I've heard great things about.  Here's a list of Strelok Pro's supported reticles.  It's quite impressive.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Strelok Pro.  I think that's the same one and I love it.  Takes a while to learn it but has lots of features.  I like the reticle library that shows you holds.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I use strelock pro also works great

I just bought a chronograph so I can input accurate velocities
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 7:29:44 AM EDT
[#5]
All very helpful, thank you.  I’m going to give it a try
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Strelok is incredible for what you pay for it. They have every reticle, manufacturer load, and bullet with correct ballistics that I've ever looked for. REALLY helpful to see the bullet drop compensation true numbers. I use mine with a WeatherFlow and it hasn't failed me yet. I've truly become a better shooter since I started using Strelok.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the free version. It works very well.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top