Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2021 8:05:51 AM EDT
Building a side charger  7.62x39.     Need to use 10 rd mags only.   Need real life use/experience with either   D&H    CPD  or  E-Lander.  What's the herd say?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the new E-Lander 17 round, maybe 15 round and the springs are incredibly strong. I can't load them to capacity. If I try the bolt won't close because of the spring tension. They run 100% when downloaded to 10 rounds.

I don't believe any of the current magazines are very good. I have modified virtually every single ASC and C-Products magazine in an attempt to improve reliability. Even when I get them to work my confidence level has disappeared.

AR-15 rifles were never designed to run this caliber. All of the modifications to make this possible are a force fit inside a magazine well that isn't wide enough, a receiver that interferes with proper magazine geometry and a bolt that has a larger diameter face than any engineer would design for the AR-15 bolt lugs.

I think some people have had better luck with the new ASC mags.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a CPD 10 rounder (that I'm gonna convert to 5 for hunting at some point) and it has been flawless for me.

As have my CPD 30 rounders....

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have any experience with D&H or E-Lander, but DuraMag (C-Products) seem pretty good. ASC aren't bad, but I would choose the DuraMags over ASC if I was given a choice.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I own a bunch of cpd 10 rounder x39 mags we use for hunting with our 7.62x39 and 6.5 grendel rifles. They seem to always work perfectly in the 7.62x39 but one magazine (it’s pretty old and beat up) will jam on the 3rd shot with my 6.5 grendel. Their 6.5 g mags work with all my x39 based calibers so maybe there is a real difference there or maybe that one magazine is just old and slightly tweaked.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top