Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2018 6:10:21 PM EDT
I just put one on a colt buffer tube and it seems to fit like crap. Super tight and hard to adjust. Hard to get seated in a hole. Is that normal for these stocks?
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve seen a couple that didn’t fit correctly.  Contact B5 systems and they will make it right.  If it’s super tight, have you slid it back and forth a bunch to “ break it in “ -even though you shouldn’t have to
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
6920?
Mine was tight too.
It'll get beta
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine was the same way.  It “broke in” after a little bit.  I think I might have put a little CLP on the buffer tube and in the locking holes.

Once it broke in I really liked it.  Very tight fitment.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]

I just got two B5 Enhanced SOPMOD stock last March (which I got with 35% discount) and both fits very snug on my two Colt carbines.

To move the stocks I had to pull a little harder but it locks tight, now it slides better and easier but still snug.

I also have two other B5 smaller (without storage compartments) BRAVO SOPMOD stocks one flat dark earth the other black color and both are more looser than the Enhanced SOPMOD.

OP, if yours doesn't get better with more use contact the B5 Systems customer service.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine came really tight, and I liked it. After a bunch of time being on my rifle, it's no longer tight and it's bothering me.
You probably just need to "break" it in.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 2:03:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine was got it out using it in the sun loosened enough. Now I hope the same happens with my BCM
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Sopmod stocks are known to be tight.
Anyway early surplus B5 were out of spec and were extremely tight.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 4:16:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I purchased the cheaper one and it fit great, then went with the $90 version, from Brownells, and when I installed it on my Larue rifle was so tight I had to use a rubber mallet to get it off.  This was on a Saturday.  My impatience got the best of me and I started to sand on the inside of the tube, what a mistake...

Then turned a dowel down to glue sand paper on the end to get a more uniform sanding surface...another mistake.  I sanded on this thing for hours until I finally said F  it

Called B5 on Monday, explained the situation. I had read here on the forum there was a change in generations, they told me there was no generation 1 or 2, what they said, not me....

They were nice to take the stock back after I sanded on it, sent me a new one and it fit better, not as tight...

Bottom line, what I think, the QC is probably not as good as with other manufacturers.  The quality construction is there, but will not be as quick to modify in the future, next time will return immediately.

All of the SOPMOD stocks on my LMTs fit perfect, but the are 2 to 3 times more in cost.

Link Posted: 6/2/2018 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I own two. Both are tight, but I'd prefer it that way than a rattly ass m4 stock. It's tight enough to stay put, but not too tight to adjust easily.

Plus I don't really move the stock adjustments too much.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Called B5 on Monday, explained the situation. I had read here on the forum there was a change in generations, they told me there was no generation 1 or 2, what they said, not me....
View Quote
Gen1 was only USGI never meant to be sold on the civilian market. Some of these were out of spec and extremely tight.
Gen2 have the QD sling attachment point.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#11]
just received a new one last evening from Brownells, B5 enhances and it fits as good as a LMT SOPMOD....

When you put the two side by side, the LMT and the B5E, I have to look at the model number to make sure which one is which.

IMO SOPMOD quality at 1/2 the price
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top