Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2021 10:46:23 AM EDT
Does anyone have one they care to discuss?  I picked up a pair of them but not actually have them in hand to shoot yet.  I am a little worried now though.  I thought I did my research enough but now I am seeing alot of people with issues.  Most of it is 3 years old, so I am wondering if it was something B & T fixed.  If you have one how has it been??  You really just do not see anything on them out in the wild.  I know the price is silly, but I have enough AR platforms to make me want something else.  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked one up in 2019 from Rainer Arms. Recoil is light and mine is very accurate. I am using a Aimpoint H-1 for my optic. Like you I wanted a change from my AR’s. It is a gen 2 with 8” barrel. Only downside was the 3k price. But I liked it so much that I bought a B&T APC 9 to go with it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a very early sample from 2017 and it's one of my favorite rifles. I have well over 5000 rounds through mine and I haven't had a single issue, other than finding M15x1 muzzle devices. I run mine suppressed almost exclusively with a Saker ASR, I've done a couple classes with it and often run LARPing drills with it. I have shot several sub MOA groups with my 77gr. handloads and can make 200 yard hits on mini IPSC steel plates regularly. I have read of bolt issues and gas piston issues, but also read that B&T was quick to resolve any issues and subsequently they have updated the rifle, in general I read about more issues with piston guns than I do about DI guns though.

Link Posted: 8/4/2021 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked mine up yesterday and got it out to the range.  I shoot over 100rds and it is awesome!  Even tried crap Wolf steel cased.  It likes 75 Fronteir and 77 Noslers.  75 grainers were 3/4" @ 100 yds and Noslers were even less!  Very impressed overall and the recoil is very smooth!  I love it so far!  I put a 1-6 scope on it for accuracy testing but I will probably go Aimpoint M5 on this one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 1:30:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I have three plus two for sale here but not because I don’t love them! I intended to make one a 12.x” barrel but those barrel piston combos are never in stock. I’m going to keep the shooter and sell the other two rifles. My 16” APC223 shoots like a dream though, great trigger, soft recoil, excellent accuracy and reliable as hell.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top