Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2020 2:21:47 AM EDT
Are unbrandedAR LPKs GTG ?
LPK 1
OR
LPK 2
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#1]
They're likely the same Parts kits used in other manufacturers budget lines.

Although if you're going to change the trigger you can find a parts kit without the trigger and it should be a little less than that.

I have some milspec triggers that are very smooth and they seem very decent and then I have others that suck it's kind of a crap shoot.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

AASG:
I did an AR15.com search for "unbrandedAR" in that is what the website is named, i.e. no dashes ("-") like your examples.
The search engine here is crap - it can not parse.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
LPKs quality isn't something I put a lot of thought into. Some are going to have MIM parts while some don't. MIM is hated by some but I've never had a MIM part break on me. I've never had a LPK part break at all, but some people have. I have had parts that didn't fit as well as they should though, selectors and trigger parts being the most common.
Trigger parts are the ones that are most noticeable when made poorly. Some mil. spec. triggers will go into a lower and end up what I consider excellent triggers. Some will really suck. It's not always the parts themselves that are the only issue, the combination of parts is a contributing factor combined with the lower. I can usually get trigger parts to work reasonably well after some adjusting but there is no guarantee. Sometimes a mil.spec. trigger can end up being a trigger that is light, has no travel and breaks perfectly and is what I consider 'trigger pull perfection'. Again, sometimes they suck and there is no amount of shaping, polishing and hardening that can fixing them without ruining them first.
My point is= I'm not all that concerned with getting any particular parts kit. From batch to batch and year to year parts can change slightly even if you get the same kit from the same place. If I get a part that isn't great, I'll alter or replace it until it is. Some LPKs may be more consistently good parts but I doubt any are 100% consistent. Even if a LPK was 100% consistent, you have slight differences in the lower that will throw things off. Sometimes some custom fitting is the only sure way to get everything how you want. I often end up custom fitting things myself anyway which is why I'm not all that concerned with what I start with.
If you want a LPK to drop in and work perfectly, some are more likely than others to do that. Cheaper kits are going to be the ones that are more likely to need some adjusting but you never know for sure until everything is installed into a particular lower. I've had a bunch of different LPKs and all of them have worked out fine after some adjusting, swapping around or replacement of parts. If the kits you linked have a problem, you can always alter or replace the part that isn't cooperating.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are unbrandedAR LPKs GTG ?
LPK 1
OR
LPK 2
View Quote

Option 2 is clearly imported.  You can tell by the hammer design.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Option 2 is clearly imported.  You can tell by the hammer design.
View Quote

The "ELG" is their 100% USA product.  Their lower budget standard kit uses a mix of imported parts.  
I've used the "ELG" kit and it has  been one of the smoothest, shortest travel, quickest reset, "mil spec" triggers I own.  So, I can't complain.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The "ELG" is their 100% USA product.  Their lower budget standard kit uses a mix of imported parts.  
I've used the "ELG" kit and it has  been one of the smoothest, shortest travel, quickest reset, "mil spec" triggers I own.  So, I can't complain.
View Quote

Option 2.  Not the ELG.  Option 2 is definitely imported.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#9]
The hammers look the same to me.
How are they different ?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I got most of an unbrandedAR LPK as a "oops" kit.  No FCG, no grip.

If you aren't going for a special trigger (hiperfire, some drop in, etc) and just want "a trigger" the three that I've now gotten from JoeBob's in their "Enhanced LPK w/o grip" have been fantastic for what they are.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Most of the lower parts kits parts are just fine.  It is the fire control group (trigger, hammer, springs,) that I would want to replace.  With the exception of the trigger group, I am fine with a generic lower parts kit.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Check the hook that the sear catches.  Notice its considerably wider than the hammer body on the "mil-spec".
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#13]
They were an industry partner.  Ask them, Instagram is their most used social media hit them up there with questions.  My interactions with them have been positive.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Never mind.

Edit because I just realized that unbranded was an actual brand, not a description.  My bad. Apparently my reading comprehension is off today.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I just went through the process of trying to find LPKs and noticed that everyone is out of anything I would usually trust. Cmmg kits are in stock at big daddy unlimited right now. Also found a WMD LPK there also. I found a Daniel defense kit at aim surplus. For me my humble opinion is that the parts kits are such an inexpensive part even from the top tier manufacturers I don’t mind spending a little more to give me the comfort of knowing that quality control is likely superior. That being said the CMMG kits were always my go to before I switched to mainly BCM or Spikes kits and they were always good to go for me. The cmmg kit at big daddy unlimited is $50.98 and if you want the Ambi safety they are 67.98. Add in $0.99 for a month trial membership that personally is what I would go with if trying to save a little.  Also palmetto has kits in stock and in my humble opinion their EPT trigger is my favorite “mil spec” type trigger more so than BCM or Spikes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just went through the process of trying to find LPKs and noticed that everyone is out of anything I would usually trust. Cmmg kits are in stock at big daddy unlimited right now. Also found a WMD LPK there also. I found a Daniel defense kit at aim surplus. For me my humble opinion is that the parts kits are such an inexpensive part even from the top tier manufacturers I don’t mind spending a little more to give me the comfort of knowing that quality control is likely superior. That being said the CMMG kits were always my go to before I switched to mainly BCM or Spikes kits and they were always good to go for me. The cmmg kit at big daddy unlimited is $50.98 and if you want the Ambi safety they are 67.98. Add in $0.99 for a month trial membership that personally is what I would go with if trying to save a little.  Also palmetto has kits in stock and in my humble opinion their EPT trigger is my favorite “mil spec” type trigger more so than BCM or Spikes.
View Quote

Question about big daddy unlimited; I've seen them sponsoring a bunch of gun channels on YT.  Are there actual significant savings, or will keeping an eye on PSA / Midway / Primary sales do pretty much the same thing?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 6:09:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Question about big daddy unlimited; I've seen them sponsoring a bunch of gun channels on YT.  Are there actual significant savings, or will keeping an eye on PSA / Midway / Primary sales do pretty much the same thing?
View Quote

I seem to recall hearing that there are some decent deals if you search the site hard enough but not everything is priced significantly lower to justify a paid membership. If what you want/need is not one of those items than you are basically just handing them money for nothing each month.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I just got one of their ELG kits the other day for my wuflu build...I'll chime in here after it gets installed this week.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought one. The cheapest one. The trigger sucked. The rest of the parts seem fine, though.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Damage Industries, made in us
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#21]
I have two of their ELG kits installed. Zero issues. Trigger feels good for mil spec.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top