Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2018 1:40:00 PM EDT
Looking at these Barrels for my retro 604/USAF build. How are they as far as quality and being the right barrel for retro builds? Also would you get it in a 1:9 twist for muti purpose rifle?
https://retrorifles.com/collections/barrels/products/20
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking at these Barrels for my retro 604/USAF build. How are they as far as quality and being the right barrel for retro builds? Also would you get it in a 1:9 twist for muti purpose rifle?
https://retrorifles.com/collections/barrels/products/20
View Quote
I have no experience with that company.

I have had good luck with jse 1:9 twist barrels.  Can feed it just about any weight bullet, and still work decent with 22 conversions accuracy wise.  Not historically accurate, but i want to shoot mine.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive not seen those however they have good options. IMO it looks just like a Brownells barrel except the optional twist rates.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Cage Code 12238 is assigned to Brownells Inc.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't recall ANYONE here posting that they bought from this vendor.

Kinda makes my Spidey senses tingle a bit.

I think I remember someone else posting this site now that I think of it.

Search the name on here.

IIRCC the consensus was Caveat Emptor.

ETA

SEE! SOMETIMES I REMEMBER STUFF!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Any-information-or-experience-with-retrorifles-com-/123-722493/?page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I just put a JSE lightweight 1x9 nitride barrel on my build
I'm pleased with it so far, I put about 100 rounds thru it last Sunday, indoor range 25yards with 55gr XM193, I could keep everything in 2 1/2" group  which is pretty good for my eyes
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I called the number on the website and talked to the owner about these barrels; seemed legit talking to him. He did state that the barrels were not Brownell’s barrels, however I decided to wait on Brownell’s barrels to come back in stock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:03:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I called the number on the website and talked to the owner about these barrels; seemed legit talking to him. He did state that the barrels were not Brownell’s barrels, however I decided to wait on Brownell’s barrels to come back in stock.
View Quote
Yeah I called and talked to Victor I didn't ask but assumed he was the owner. He was very nice and was more then happy to talk without trying to sell me something. He said the barrels came from a major supplier but didn't say who it was, and also said he has almost everything in original Colt brand to build a complete retro rifle, and claimed the parts were in used but very good condition. I'm not sure about the prices tough and don't know what I am going to do yet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just put a JSE lightweight 1x9 nitride barrel on my build
I'm pleased with it so far, I put about 100 rounds thru it last Sunday, indoor range 25yards with 55gr XM193, I could keep everything in 2 1/2" group  which is pretty good for my eyes
View Quote
Pretty decent price, is it because the barrel isn't chrome lined? The nitride finish is black in color though isn't it? I would have to do something to it for the gray color.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top