Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/30/2019 10:15:01 AM EDT
If you have one and can help me out; wondering what the interior length is.  Vertx website states 22”, but I’m assuming that’s the exterior.  My 11.3” with AAC 51T and Law Tactical folder (on order) should come in right under 22”, so hoping it’ll fit in the bag.  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Going to be close, might fit if angled in there. My BCM 300blk fits but is a shorter barrel.

ETA - love the bag though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I wonder why they list it at 22”?  Probably going to go with their Gamut Overland to make sure everything fits.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks!  I wonder why they list it at 22”?  Probably going to go with their Gamut Overland to make sure everything fits.
View Quote
Not really sure how they measure. Maybe diagonally. They make good bags, very happy with it. Probably some good Independence Day sales also. They did 25% off for Father’s Day and 30% off at Memorial Day.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not really sure how they measure. Maybe diagonally. They make good bags, very happy with it. Probably some good Independence Day sales also. They did 25% off for Father’s Day and 30% off at Memorial Day.
View Quote
They get really good reviews from everything I've seen.  I might just order the Gamut 2.0 and see if it will work.  Not looking for a huge bag.  If it doesn't fit, I can always return/exchange.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They get really good reviews from everything I've seen.  I might just order the Gamut 2.0 and see if it will work.  Not looking for a huge bag.  If it doesn't fit, I can always return/exchange.
View Quote
I’m out of town for a couple weeks but will put my 11.5 on the pistol lower when I get home. Report back here with pics if you get it before then, I’m curious also!  
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 6:54:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I’m out of town for a couple weeks but will put my 11.5 on the pistol lower when I get home. Report back here with pics if you get it before then, I’m curious also!  
View Quote
I’ve got the Law folder, Vertx Gamut 2.0, and a Gamut Plus that I found in stock headed my way-should have everything by Friday to try.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't take any photos, but here's where I'm at so far, for those interested:

Gamut 2.0:  Too small for an 11.5" AR with Law Folder and AAC 51t flash hider.  I think a shorter muzzle device might get it to barely fit, but the interior front flap pockets near the top would probably not be usable.  My 10.5" with 51t looks like it would work-maybe tight.

Gamut Plus:  11.5" AR with Law Folder and AAC 51t flash hider fit fine.

I'm returning the Gamut Plus and getting a Gamut Overland.  I like some of the newer, upgraded features of the Vertx line that the Plus doesn't have.  The Overland should be perfect to fit the 11.5" and some other items I want to carry.  I am also keeping the Gamut 2.0 to use as an EDC/work bag; debating on building a 9mm AR with a barrel shorter than 8" + Law folder for the 2.0.
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice!  I also bought a Velcro insert for the Gamut that I didn’t post earlier. Works well if you ever need to downsize what your carrying in the bag. It was cheap from amazon but works fine.

Link Posted: 7/14/2019 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quick pic of the 11.5 in the Overland.  Great fit & plenty of room for other essentials.

Link Posted: 7/15/2019 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#10]
perfect fit!
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 1:53:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Gamut 2.0:  Too small for an 11.5" AR with Law Folder and AAC 51t flash hider.  I think a shorter muzzle device might get it to barely fit, but the interior front flap pockets near the top would probably not be usable.  My 10.5" with 51t looks like it would work-maybe tight.
View Quote
@KimberZ71
Does the Vertx Gamut 2.0 work decently with your 10.5” AR? Or is it too tight?
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@KimberZ71
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@KimberZ71
@Doug_Masters Unfortunately, the 2.0 is too tight.  It’s a great bag and if I add a folder to my 5.5” 9mm PCC, it’ll go right in (about 8” with muzzle device).  The Gamut Overland is a much better fit for 10.5”-11.5” and a micro chest rig, plus some other gear.  My understanding is the Gamut Checkpoint should work better for a 10.5” vs. the 2.0, but I don’t have first hand experience with the Checkpoint bag.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you @KimberZ71
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice!  I also bought a Velcro insert for the Gamut that I didn't post earlier. Works well if you ever need to downsize what your carrying in the bag. It was cheap from amazon but works fine.

https://i.imgur.com/9HjBBEG.jpg
View Quote
@DV8EDD
How sticky is that one wrap velcro in those?
Was looking at the MAP panels to attach pouches on my EDC pack, but a few of the reviews say it doesn't hold much weight.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@DV8EDD
Was looking at the MAP panels to attach pouches on my EDC pack, but a few of the reviews say it doesn't hold much weight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice!  I also bought a Velcro insert for the Gamut that I didn't post earlier. Works well if you ever need to downsize what your carrying in the bag. It was cheap from amazon but works fine.

https://i.imgur.com/9HjBBEG.jpg
@DV8EDD
@pathfinder74 I find they're pretty secure.  The mag panel holds two mags nicely and the "holster" hold a full size M&P just fine.  Obviously you need to take care when inserting the gun as its not like holstering into say kydex.  I can't really speak top the panels other than I suppose one could overload them since they are molle-like.

These are not Vertx though, they are cheaper ones I got of amazon.  The Vertx prices were pretty steep (30% cyber Monday sale right now though on their site).

These are the two I bought.  Holster is HAZARD 4 (HSTR-STKP-BLK Stick-up Modular Velcro Universal Pistol/Gear Holster, Black.  Mag holder is Maxpedition MX3502B-BRK Three Mag Holder black.  Under $25 for both if I recall.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@pathfinder74 I find they're pretty secure.  The mag panel holds two mags nicely and the "holster" hold a full size M&P just fine.  Obviously you need to take care when inserting the gun as its not like holstering into say kydex.  I can't really speak top the panels other than I suppose one could overload them since they are molle-like.

These are not Vertx though, they are cheaper ones I got of amazon.  The Vertx prices were pretty steep (30% cyber Monday sale right now though on their site).

These are the two I bought.  Holster is HAZARD 4 (HSTR-STKP-BLK Stick-up Modular Velcro Universal Pistol/Gear Holster, Black.  Mag holder is Maxpedition MX3502B-BRK Three Mag Holder black.  Under $25 for both if I recall.
View Quote
I guess since they're in the back they're kind of held in place by everything else packed in as well... so they're not bouncing around like a pouch mounted on the outside of the bag.
I guess it's a gamble buying those MAP panels to use for that.
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I guess since they're in the back they're kind of held in place by everything else packed in as well... so they're not bouncing around like a pouch mounted on the outside of the bag.
I guess it's a gamble buying those MAP panels to use for that.
Thanks!!
View Quote
Agree that slot in the back helps hold everything pretty tight, actually even if no other stuff is in the bag. I would trust Velcro for any exterior heavy lifting though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Agree that slot in the back helps hold everything pretty tight, actually even if no other stuff is in the bag. I would trust Velcro for any exterior heavy lifting though.
View Quote
I'll know in a few weeks when I get the MAP panels and attached an IFAK to my bag.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll know in a few weeks when I get the MAP panels and attached an IFAK to my bag.
View Quote
Cool post pics up when you do, I’d be interested to hear what you think of them.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Cool post pics up when you do, I'd be interested to hear what you think of them.
View Quote
Will do. I'm looking forward to getting it.... but half expecting to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#21]
FYI- The Checkpoint interior height is 23”
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anyone here store their AR chambered with safety on in their Vertx while using the scabbard / laptop sleeve? What are your thoughts?

The way I see it, here are my pros & cons. I did not mention kids because I don’t have any. If someone else’s kids come over, then locks separate the kids from the guns.

Pros:
Decreased time to put rounds on target.
Quiet helps conceal location.
One less step to take during an emergency.

Cons:
Increased possibility of negligent discharge if the safety and trigger are bumped (regular use / car accident?).
Possibility of a round cooking off in a fire combined with the increased danger to first responders due to muzzle velocity.

An option to mitigate the negligent discharge during storage (excluding Fire) is a kydex AR trigger cover.
However, this negates some pros.

https://triggersafe.us/triggersafe-shop

TriggerSafe YouTube Tutorial
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I’m new to AR pistols... I’m building a 10.5 that I’ll probably put a Law Tactical folder on. I was hoping I could make it work in a Dead Letter Sling.... after reading this thread I’m not sure it’s gonna jive.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cool post pics up when you do, I'd be interested to hear what you think of them.
View Quote
No pics to post. They didnt' work out like I hoped. By the time you run the MALICE clips or MOLLE sticks or whatever through them there's not enough exposed Velcro to reliably hold the pouch to the pack.
I ended up just attaching the FATpack directly to my RUSH12 with the MOLLEG sticks. They're designed for quick release of whatever they're holding on to the bag.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a Gamut plus. It's my travel bag for work... I don't use it for any gun related stuff cause it fly's with me as well.

It replaced an older Kelty MAP3500

Love the Gamut... has held up great for the last 4-5 years.... love the layout... fits in any overhead or under the seat so I never plane side check.
If the Bins are full, under the seat... time to deplane....

boom.... off to the rental car desk while everyone stands in the jet bridge waiting on there plane side checked luggage.

The straps are comfy, I can live out of that bag for a week.

Big fan.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top