Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2021 9:46:08 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone made a recent order to Macon Armory and are waiting months past the date promised? Just trying to keep it short and civil. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Just ordered their mag well adapter about a month and a half ago....got it within a week.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was wondering if anyone made a recent order to Macon Armory and are waiting months past the date promised? Just trying to keep it short and civil. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

What did Rudy say when you contacted him to inquire about your order?
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a 10mm upper back in July that was labeled in stock but after talking to him he said it would  be about a month or so. After inquiring about 2 months later he said it would be done within a week or two. I then called again a month later and was told it was on his bench and the next build  that would be completed. After inquiring another month  after that he seems agitated when I ask about it and is now not giving me any ETA at all. I paid in full for this and we are going on the 5th month now and we are somehow regressing with the ETA. I understand he’s the man for a direct impingement 10mm  and I really would like to get this build but I can’t imagine this taking more than a day or half a day to build. I’ve built many uppers in less than an hour. I don’t mind a long wait if it’s fully communicated up front AND they don’t collect your money until the build is done (or a small deposit). I’ve been out of close to 1k for close to 5 months now and somehow am further away from a completion date.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Rudy has been sick lately. He's a one man operation for the most part.

Give him a call Monday at the shop.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I may have misread your post , are you stating that my  build will most likely be completed one year from now? I have an email from you stating all the parts came in back in September and it was the next build on your desk. I hear your uppers are fantastic and if the wait will be another month or so I’m fine waiting. Taking all the money up front though puts me in a tough position when I pay in full and haven’t received the product, in another month I won’t even have protection from my credit card company for not receiving the upper. I’m in no way bashing you just trying to get a true ETA. Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Rudy let me know if a spot opens up for a 10mm build.  It's been on my to buy list for a long time.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP,

Rudy is the the best of people.  Hang in there and get the best pistol caliber upper made.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Some friends & I went down to visit Rudy about a year ago. He's a great guy knows his stuff, His service after the sale is great. I managed to get a too hot load in my 7..62 Takarev  Ca fun caliber to have) and Rudy fixed me up at a very fair price He's always been good on all our transactions over the past  5 or 6 years.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm still waiting on a reply from an email I sent to him over 2 months ago.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Fingers crossed this is the month I get it!
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As of late.....I have simply been swamped.....and by myself in the shop...I am making progress on ALL the 10mm uppers currently on order and am taking no new orders till these ship. If all works out I'll be shipping the ones that are still outstanding at nearly the same time. Not sure when that will be (I spent half the day today for example on the phone, and a portion paying bills, and still shipped a DI45)....but I have 10 outstanding uppers to ship. Unfortunately all the 10mm components are made manually so it just takes more time....

Y'all hang in there......I'm plugging away daily at the back log.........
View Quote

Rudy, I run into this often in my woodshop.  People order stuff and everybody wants it yesterday and I lose track of my lead time and get behind.  I have now gotten into the habit of just telling people how it is and to expect a few weeks lead.  If they get it sooner they are happy, but I no longer paint myself into a corner trying to apease the wants of everybody.  You just gotta tell them up front and then they  aren't hounding you every day.  It is good to be busy, I am happy for your success.  Keep on keepin on!
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call me at the shop, I try and answer them daily, but occasionally I miss one. Usually do in the evenings. The pitfalls of being a one man shop and getting around 200 emails daily
View Quote

Thank you Rudy!
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I got my Macon Armory 10 mm DI upper today and man was the wait worth it. It did drag out pass the expected due date but when I would call Rudy would catch me up on how it was progressing. I did get one of the handguards he is making and I really like it. It ran like the proverbial sewing machine, the only mag I tried was an SGM  25 round (20 or 25?). I started shooting at my 6 inch swinging plate at 50 yds offhand and it broke the plate off the bracket it was welded to. Recoil is less than I expected. I need to start saving my money for a 45 acp DI upper. I'll post some pic's of the upper and maybe some targets later.

Steve..........
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top