Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2022 11:22:22 PM EDT
I've been using the swampfox freedom mount (military discount, about 90$) for a long time and thousands of rounds now. Never had an issue or a loss of zero.

I want to get a better mount just because I have more of a gucci build other than the mount. But how necessary is it? Other than people bashing it. Has anyone seen one fail?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been testing out of Swampfox's Hostile Environment mounts.  My preliminary finding is that it is in the "Good enough" category with other Chinese mounts like the Burris PEPR and SWFA SSALT.  It will probably hold onto a scope, mount straight enough to let you get a good zero and hold that zero adequately through a reasonable amount of indifferent handling.  It doesn't have the best design, material or workmanship, it doesn't inspire confidence or pride of ownership. It  does seem to be marginally adequate.  

Marginally adequate isn't in and of itself a terrible thing.  The US military is the best in the world and the vast majority of the equipment they are supplied with is no better than marginally adequate.  I like to do better when I can, but you have to decide where your priorities are.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Really good response. Thank you
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had issues with an Aero Precision and a Burris PEPR mount where each had a wandering zero.  Those specific mounts were sold, however I still have one of each that is working fine.  While most of those budget mounts are probably "good enough", the uncertainty keeps me from trusting them completely.  I keep them around on an ultralight rig and a budget rig respectively.

For my midrange optics geared towards precision or hard use, I have Warne, ADM and LaRue mounts that I trust to hold zero through some abuse.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:11:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Nah, cheap and effective man.

I love a bunch of Aero but their mounts are just lol.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Warne X skel is my recommendation for bang for the Buck. I have ADM, one of which broke during a match. I just got into badger which is honestly looking like the best mount if you want a red dot offset or if you need a higher scope mount. They’re not cheap though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:52:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Imho...the Leupold Mark AR is one of the best mounts for the money...and it's made in the USA.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:36:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I've used multiple Burris PEPR mounts.  I'm not sure you could break one on purpose.  That said, I buy good stuff when I can.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:04:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a UTG Accusync mount that I couldn't get zero'd when I switched rifles. In the process I found my elevation was two clicks off from being bottomed out. Literally had to use my BDC to get on target to finish the day out.

Watch RKB Armory. They have some pretty good deals on used stuff. I got a Kinetic Development mount for the same cost as my Warne X-Skel non QD.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Warne X skel is my recommendation for bang for the Buck. I have ADM, one of which broke during a match. I just got into badger which is honestly looking like the best mount if you want a red dot offset or if you need a higher scope mount. They’re not cheap though.
View Quote

what failed on the adm?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Warne xskel, weaver msr are good non-china mounts.  MI, ADM, and larue have all been good for a bit more $.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got a Samson RPM, I'm very impressed so far. Not ultra cheap, but not expensive.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Warne xskel, weaver msr are good non-china mounts.  MI, ADM, and larue have all been good for a bit more $.
View Quote

Where did you see that Warne and Weaver are not made in China?

I was always under the impression they both were?

Does it say on them that they are made in the USA?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Where are Warne scope Mounts made?
the USA
We are proudly based out of the Pacific Northwest in Tualatin, Oregon. Our products are made in the USA and we are completely hands on during the whole manufacturer process.

Iirc at least the mounts that warne oems say made in the USA

-Brownells
-AR Stoner/Midway

Imo the ar stoner brand is better because its all black with no billboard lettering.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019614720
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Warne is definitely US made.

Only the Weaver Premium mounts are US made.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I have the Warne SKEL 1” & 30 mm 20 MOA mounts, Brownell’s and Midway USA Stoner mounts.  The biggest difference is the weight as there is more material in the the Stoner mount compared to the Brownell’s and Warne Mounts.  I haven’t encountered any problems mounting or using these mounts for a few years.

I also have a Vortex CM 202 mount which uses Allen or Torx screws for attaching to 1913 rail.  No issue with the 30 mm Vortex mount but definetly not quick disconnect.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#16]
The only person the mount has to impress is you.  Impress others with the results that mount delivers.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top